246 Reply
Re:WAN/LAN auto-sensing
2024-01-10 00:33:16

@TP-Link Fix the issue now X55

Options
2024-01-10 00:50:16

@LANwithoutWAN 

I emailed requesting a configuration file and I would write the code to resolve it.  It's not that difficult to do so, I just need to see how it is programmed.  I got nothing.  I would assume it's using an open source platform or router such as opnsense to do the routing and the application would be hosted on Linux.  But hey what do I know these guys don't fix an easy to resolve issue 

Options
2024-01-10 06:38:25
Exactly. This is ridiculous. I can't believe they treat such flaws as a feature and haven't fixed it for such a long time.
Options
RE:WAN/LAN auto-sensing
2024-01-19 23:20:11
WOW! This is embarrassing @TP-Link
Options
2024-01-20 11:24:26

Hello Dear Community,

I wanted to share again my frustrating experience with the TP-Link Deco M5 (set of three), that I've been using for over a year. Unfortunately, my journey with this product has been far from satisfactory.

From the very beginning, I encountered persistent issues with the functionality of the mesh router set on every minor network disconnection. This has been an ongoing problem that I've endured for more than a year, and despite my best efforts to troubleshoot and seek assistance from customer support, waiting for a fix release for my HW version (V30), the issues remain unresolved.

Consequently, I recently decided to invest in a new mesh router set from ASUS.

Using it for a few weeks, I finally got the usage experience I was so looking for (stable network, no need to reset or reconfigure the network with any small disconnection), and the difference has been night and day.

I will not purchase another TP-Link product ever again.

I do recommend that the members of this thread keep on voting up on this issue, till management gets a hold of this or at least save other potential customers from this product experience (press on the 'Votes' icon left to the 'WAN/LAN auto-sensing' title, ask your friends to do the same).

Wish you all, the best

Options
2024-01-29 07:11:34
Please fix this! I am connecting to the internet via PPPoE and on the main deco I cannot connect any other wired client because simply they will not get an IP to the local network
Options
2024-01-30 16:22:13
Its bug major
Options
2024-02-02 21:42:07

I've been hampered by a variation of this issue these last few days.  My Deco M4 pair have given a couple of years of great service.  The Parental Control features in router mode are great so I never wanted to go AP mode.  I've ended up in double nat territory to keep the features.  No biggie.

On Wednesday I was watching Kodi around lunchtime and the film stopped.  The NAS was uncontactable from my phone.  I thought it was the NAS so went off up into the loft to check but it was pingable from another server so not dead.

Earlier that day I'd seen that the slave deco was offline and had gone to WiFi backhaul, then would go offline again.  I removed the ethernet backhaul cable and plugged in a laptop to the cable.  Got a 169. address.  Something up with the cable or switch was my first thought.  Or the Vlans needed for Guest WiFi had gone bad.

There was also an available firmware update which i applied.  Didn't fix problem.

Fast forward several hours and lots of cable pulling and googling for "wired clients don't get ip address from Deco, but wireless do" and "wired clients isolation" and I stumbled upon this thread.

So in my scenario, wireless clients could access the internet with no issues (so internet was available) but wired clients could not, even with available internet.  And wireless clients could not see wired clients, even those with static ip addresses. And vice versa.

I was able to, temporarily, resolve the issue (thanks to this thread) by switching the lan ports around on the main deco when the problem occurs.  Presumably this resolves the autosense problem being discussed here.  I had less success in just removing and reconnecting the ethernet cables... that would work occasionally ... but swapping then around fixes immediately.

Removing the slave deco entirely from the setup did not resolve the issue.  Issue had returned by the next day.  At least I had a workaround of swapping the cables.

Today i have made the slave deco the main and the main the slave in the app and switched locations, thinking maybe there was an issue with the main Deco. So far so good.  

I'm am seeing that the Deco App can't find the network from time to time without a reboot, but the internet and wired to wireless connectivity is looking better (for now) and no drops

Not sure I'll be sticking with Deco going forward though.  Does anyone know of a mesh that has similar parental controls but better configurability of vlans, ssids etc. at a similar price point?

Options
2024-02-16 17:07:45

@TP-Link Please fix this.

I only have one main Deco X20 (no satellites). I have the modem and one switch connected to the Ethernet ports of the Deco. When internet goes down, all the wired devices (connected to the switch) stop working. I can't access to my NAS anymore.

PLEASE ALLOW US TO SET A FIXED WAN PORT. Make that option Advanced if you want. But it's really unacceptable to lose LAN connectivity when internet goes down, it just doesn't make any sense. 

Options
2024-02-19 13:11:36

@TP-Link 

Exactly the same issue on deco be85.

Serously, I don't understand the time use by tp link before taking in charge this issue.

I hope it will be fixe asap, it's a CRITICAL issue.

Regards

erreur404

Options

Voters 125

+ 121 Voters