Votes

WAN/LAN auto-sensing

Votes

WAN/LAN auto-sensing

246 Reply
Re:WAN/LAN auto-sensing
2024-03-30 20:28:33

@TP-Link I've wasted so much of my time trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong until I can across this thread. Countless hours. Actively making sure nobody I know ever buys a tp-link product again. I have the most up to date firmware and this is still an issue. Currently looking for a good new router not made by tplink. 

Options
2024-03-31 11:44:14
I've done precisely that - I decided that none of the options did exactly what I wanted without spending thousands. So I have opted for an open source derived solution and have bought a GL-iNet Flint 2 as my main router and  GL-iNet Beryl AX routers which I then configure to be access points. The only think I think I'm losing is fast roaming and there is an option to add that in through the OpenWRT firmware that GL.iNet use as their basis.  I now have junk TP Link Deco M5's - that I am uncomfortable selling on when I know they have faults/restrictions. Although, as TP Link still sell them, maybe I should be less scrupulous M
Options
RE:WAN/LAN auto-sensing
2024-04-04 12:40:30 - last edited 2024-04-04 14:51:47

@TP-Link Please fix this.

I have configuration:   Internet --wire--> M5 --wire--> switch  --wire--> M5

PLEASE ALLOW US TO SET A FIXED WAN PORT. Make that option Advanced if you want. But it's really unacceptable to lose LAN connectivity when internet goes down, it just doesn't make any sense. 

Options
2024-04-10 21:34:20

Just lost power due to tornadoes in SE Louisiana. Now due to TP-Link DECO, I've lost LAN connection to home camera system from the auto-sensing feature. I had to go get the satellite deco and bring it right next to the primary DECO unit and connect my cameras to it losing the WiFi for the other half of the house after learning through this thread.

@David-TP 

How can a user during a weather emergency maintain their LAN connections when their ISP is severed from natural disasters? Please elevate the demand for dedicating a WAN port on the main DECO unit, and the rest LAN! This is vital to keeping watch on generators running that are a high target for theft! Looting is prevalent during hurricanes and cameras on LAN can alert home owners before trouble strikes! 

Options
2024-04-11 13:15:15
Set fixed WAN port so that the network still works when ISP is down or disconnected.
Options
2024-04-16 22:01:17

@TP-Link It has been a couple years waiting for this problem to be solved. Each time the ISP goes offline (let it be for internet outage or a power failure that sees the deco boot time faster than the isp router can connect to the internet) my decos become expensive paperweights. I have my main deco with a WAN cable and a LAN cable. The only way to restore internet conectivity after the ISP goes back on-line is someone going to the deco location, manually removing the LAN cable, wait for the deco understand that a port that was connected to it all along had internet and then reconnect the LAN cable.

This is unacceptable behavior that only exists because of this auto-sense "feature". All deco users should be able have this breaking bug fixed.

Options
2024-04-18 07:30:46

@TP-Link 

@David-TP 

Hello,

It's is possible to have approximative release date or version device by device, when this fix will be include ?

Because I don't find any informations relative to be85.

Many thanks in advance

Regards

Options
2024-05-21 19:20:04 - last edited 2024-05-21 19:24:50

@TP-Link 

@David-TP 

I had tried upgrading fw to 1.0.6 still. No wan, No Lan. Tp link should release a firmware update with wan port lock feature

Options
2024-05-25 19:41:03
Bug. Not a feature
Options
2024-05-29 22:22:03 - last edited 2024-05-29 22:39:45

My BE85 is leaking mac address of all LAN devices to ISP - suspect this is the same issue with port auto-sensing. Basically looks like the deco just creates a single Ethernet network instead of having two independent LAN/WAN networks. It's a big fail. Latest firmware (1.0.18). My ISP (Community Fibre in the UK) shuts down my connection frequently as they do not support more than 5 MAC addresses on the interface. TP-Link Support has raised internal proritised ticket ID TKID240554553.

Options

Voters 125

+ 121 Voters