Votes

WAN/LAN auto-sensing

Votes

WAN/LAN auto-sensing

246 Reply
Re:WAN/LAN auto-sensing
2024-07-23 00:24:17

@TP-Link Does anyone know if ANY models of the Deco have this issue / bug fixed?

I note that TP-Link do not even have the latest firmware 1.7.4 (AU) for the M5 Deco listed on their wesbsite. Too busy making money off later models to provide support to existing customers.

Still, the Orbo works and is MUCH cheaper than the TP-Link product.

Options
2024-07-23 17:40:40 - last edited 2024-07-23 17:49:00

McMike wrote

Today i have made the slave deco the main and the main the slave in the app and switched locations, thinking maybe there was an issue with the main Deco. So far so good. 

@McMike 

I've got a pair of M4 v1.0 that are wired backhaul to the ISP router. They've been great and up close can manage up to 400/400 up/down which is fast enough for my mobile devices.

However I recently added some Govee Wi-Fi lights that require LAN control for the Dreamview app on PC. They'd randomly drop LAN control, which requires multicast, with the mesh units but would stay solidly connected to the ISP router Wi-Fi albeit with a much weaker signal. That's when I discovered this issue.

So, I thought I'd try your suggestion of switching the mesh units main and slave. This has worked and I no longer have any more problems with Govee LAN control. Seems the mesh unit, in the pantry set as main, connected via ethernet directly to the ISP router causes an issue. Whereas the landing mesh unit set as main which goes through a switch then onto the ISP router doesn't with the pantry unit set as slave. Both are still using wired ethernet back to the ISP router just switched places as main/slave.

Options
2024-07-25 18:46:22

Tosoth wrote

I got update for my Deco X50 yesterday. They added option to turn off Auto LAN/WAN sensing and set WAN port manually.

@Tosoth I use the latest version 3.7.74 of TP-Link Deco app for my Deco X50-PoE. Can't find the option to turn off Auto LAN/WAN sensing. Could you please advise where you found it in configuration menu?

Options
2024-07-25 19:12:17 - last edited 2024-07-25 19:16:08

@AndreyKM 

Hi, my Deco X50 firmware version is 1.5.1 build 20240417.

I have polish version but In english this option is probably in:

More / Advanced / WAN port

My Deco app version is 3.7.83.

I don't know if it's more app version or firmware version that matters.

Options
2024-07-25 21:55:52 - last edited 2024-07-25 21:58:27

@Tosoth I do not have that setting in my version of the app (AU version .83).

My Deco devices are in AP mode. Is it possible that the option to set WAN / LAN autosensing is only available when Deco units are router mode?

Options
2024-07-25 22:01:29
https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/273992?replyId=1384976 Love it! Maintain the rage until it's fixed.
Options
2024-07-25 22:07:49
From Tp-Link's response: 1. "Given that the issue arises only when the ISP modem failed to assign IP address for the main Deco, once the cable modem recovered, the problem should be resolved. It is suggested to contact the ISP to restore the modem connection as a priority." YES there is a bug. The LAN stops working when the WAN is not available. 2. "The current workaround would be connecting the wired servers to the satellite Deco units, instead of the main one." This is NOT an acceptable workaround as the Main is nearby the ISP router in the computer room with the NAS. The satellite Decos are remote in customer areas. Having the NAS in a non-secure location is NOT acceptable. 3. "And We have also implemented enhancements on certain models." WHICH MODELS? Not my M5. How did you choose which models to fix and which to leave broken? Why can the fix (known to you) not be applied immediately to ALL models?
Options
2024-07-26 05:37:49

I don't know if it disappears in AP mode but it looks like this. I didn't test if it works correctly when WAN connection is off.

Options
3 weeks ago

my deco x75 pro are both access points only. I don't understand why there must be a main deco at all in that case. none is connected to WAN directly. both are connected over switch. I don't know why that must break local networks access when Internet is down. does not make any sense to me. 

Options
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

@TP-Link  I agree with the latest poster.  It doe NOT make sense for TP-Link to leave this bug in their devices AND tell the customer they can suck it up or go elsewhere.

I have now switched to Orbi and Asus and find the support great and the product even better. Worth paying the extra few dollars folks!

Options

Voters 125

+ 121 Voters