Archer MR600 high ping

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer MR600 high ping

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Archer MR600 high ping
Archer MR600 high ping
2021-08-22 07:29:22

Hello,

a short while ago I bought an ARCHER MR600 v2 which I use with a second sim card I got for my mobile subscription.

Usually I have a constant ping of 35-40 and the Web GUI is showing the following values:

However sometimes I have strange ping issues which then suddenly disappear again:
From time to time I have a ping of up to 150ms while my smartphone (also 4G) used via USB Tethering still has a stable 40-46ms.

A few more infos:
  • Smartphone and the router share sim cards from the same contract
  • Router is on latest firmware and nat boost is activated (firewall and other security related features are deactivated for testing purposes)
  • While measuring the ping both devices only got my Computer connected
  • Tried different router and smartphone positionings throughout the flat and the ping results were always the same (router up to 150ms vs smartphone with up to 46ms)
  • Also changed the LAN port on the router as well the computer itself (no change)
  • Tested ping in LoL aswell pinging google.ch from console and some speedtests

I have no idea what else I can do or try to solve this matter. Does anyone got an idea?

Thanks

Options
5 Reply
Re:Archer MR600 high ping
2021-08-24 08:05:06

@Baddebing 

Hi, When the ping via MR600 reaches 150m/s, is there any problem you have noticed on the MR600, such as the webpage is not loading, the internet dropped out?

Would you please help me run another test:

1. enable the hotspot on the smartphone and connect the PC to the hotspot, then test again via LoL aswell;

2. connect the computer to the wireless network of MR600 and test the ping again.

It would be highly appreciated that you could add some screenshots for me.

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-08-24 11:48:39

TP-Link wrote

Hi, When the ping via MR600 reaches 150m/s, is there any problem you have noticed on the MR600, such as the webpage is not loading, the internet dropped out?

My MR600 never gave me a usable or stable SIP connection, even at rare periods of 40 to 80ms latencies. Same SIM in a 4 year old LTE phone & same physical position did work with SIP, also managed consistently better latency - though still not good.

Options
2021-08-25 09:34:01

@JerryAtrick 

Thanks for the update.

How about the second test via mobile hotspot?

As for the unstable ISP connection, have you tried the beta firmware to fix the 4G bands?

[Troubleshooting] LTE keeps disconnecting

Options
2021-08-25 12:52:23 - last edited 2021-08-25 12:53:35

I have just a high ping but no disconnects at all. I think I found a way to solve this issue:

I installed the LTE Discovery App (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.simplyadvanced.ltediscovery&hl=en&gl=US) to find out which bands my smartphone is usually using and changed the band selection from automatic to manual with the bands I noted down before.

So far I have a way better ping and more upload speed. I will monitor this further and report back incase something happens.

For Swisscom I selected band 1, 3 and 20.

Options
2021-08-26 22:26:25

TP-Link wrote

@JerryAtrick 

Thanks for the update.

How about the second test via mobile hotspot?

As for the unstable ISP connection, have you tried the beta firmware to fix the 4G bands?

[Troubleshooting] LTE keeps disconnecting

@TP-Link

1: the same SIM is giving near perfect behaviour (inc SIP) running tethered or as a WiFi hotspot in a cheap Xiaomi phone. Even when latency occasionally rises above 40ms. Probaby because it has massively better radio's than the MR600, sitting in exactly the same spot the MR600 used to.

2: the only way I ever got a passably stable MR600 LTE connection was using beta firmware! Mine simply cannot see band20 for 4G+ and never chose the best band by itself.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1296

Replies: 5

Related Articles