[Troubleshooting] LTE keeps disconnecting
[Troubleshooting] LTE keeps disconnecting
2021-05-24 07:34:01 - last edited 2021-05-24 07:35:08
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

This Article Applies to:

All 4G LTE Routers

Issue Description/Phenomenon:

Some customers might experience interruptions or disconnections with their 4G LTE routers, their phones or laptops can connect to the router wireless network fine, while they display a 'No internet' error, and customers cannot access the internet. This article aims to provide suggestions on the issue.

Troubleshooting Suggestions:

1. When it loses the internet access, please check if you can still login to the router web GUI, then show us the Internet Status, SIM Card Status as follows. Compare the Network Type and Band, if they are the same as those when the internet is working fine:

2. If the band was changing to a different one when the internet interrupts, try to manually select a band that works in your network. Archer MR600(EU)_V2,  TL-MR6500v(EU)_V1, and TL-MR100(EU)_V1 already support band selection on the latest official firmware; For other models, you can get the beta firmware from this thread:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/241534

If the issue is not resolved, report back by submitting a ticket via email with the subject ‘TP-Link Community- [Forum ID 265474] LTE keeps disconnecting’, or leave a reply on this thread. In either case, be sure to provide the following information:

- Working mode of the router

- Where are you based, and who is your SIM card carrier?

- System Log file without rebooting the router

- How often does the problem happen, and how does it recover?

- When did you purchase the router, when did the issue start to happen? 

Options
5 Reply
Re:[Troubleshooting] LTE keeps disconnecting
2021-08-03 23:57:36

@Kevin_Z Hello Kevin, 
I have the same issue, it always disconnecting every week. when it disconnected, i always reboot it with unplug and plug again. do you have any solutions for that? i dont want to reboot it manually, reboot function on the system didn't work.

Options
2021-08-11 10:30:43

@slmn 

Hi, did you try the beta to fix the band?

Or the beta did not help at all?

If yes, could you please refer to the suggestions on this link and email me the required information:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/176312?page=14

Options
2021-08-17 14:23:36 - last edited 2021-08-18 08:01:11

@Kevin_Z 

Hello,

I have this disconnecting issue once or twice a day for a year now with MR 600 which I changed for MR 6400 V5 EU but still the same disconnecting issue. I also tried with my M7200 mifi router which also got disconnecte.

The only solution is a reboot. It seems to happen when internet is being used more intensely (streaming, video call, download...).
It seems to be coming from my SIM card carrier (Free Mobile, France). Manual band selection does not change anything.
The only thing that changes between connected and disconnected LTE is the change of IP address (see print screens below)

Do you have any advice on how to fix this issue without having to manually reboot the router every time?

Thanks!

Options
3 weeks ago
Try switching it to 4G Only i had the same problem with my MR600 but it Actually fixed it.
Options
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@Kevin_Z The router disconnects all devices.

I'm seeing "No Internet Access" after few seconds router terminates the connection with all device.

I have to connect the router manually again.

Sometimes I don't see "No Internet Access" but my all device is disconnected from router.

I'm locked at band 1 and set LTE only seems the problem with router logic.

Options
Related Articles