M7350EU v4 Stuck in QDL/EDL mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-23 00:30:56 - last edited 2021-08-23 00:36:29
Model: M7350  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

Hello

After an unfortunate firmware upgrade my modem is now stuck in Qualcomm Download Mode.

It’s not turning on or showing any sign, except when I connect via USB and run lsusb I see it in 9008 qdl mode.

I have used usb_modeswitch and number of other things but with no luck.

Looks like I have to flash the whole thing with an factory firmware via qdl as fastboot or adb doesnt even detect it.

I have tried flashing via QFile and qdl but they both need the proper prog.mbn, RawProgram and Patch xml files for partitioning.

Are there a factory RawProgram and Patch files available somewhere? Or is there a way I can recover/manually create these xml files? 

Options
2 Reply
Re:M7350EU v4 Stuck in QDL/EDL mode
2021-08-23 23:47:27 - last edited 2021-08-23 23:59:51

@Mehrdad @Kevin_Z 

Some developments...

I found edl; a tool for interacting with EDL (Emergency Download) mode via both Firehose and Streaming methods, though Streaming is still very buggy and in beta stage.

edl.py can communicate and interact with QDL mode too, thankfully

First I had to change the intraction method with M7350 to Firehose:

sudo python edl.py reset --loader=Loaders/qualcomm/patched/mdm9x07/prog_nand_firehose_9x07.mbn

after that I extracted GPT and generated the RawProgram XML files with:

sudo python edl.py printgpt xmls/ --genxml

You can also dump the whole thing or step by step rewrite/overwrite partitions with edl.py, check -h

Although I have now fully flashed/rewritten the recover firmware on my M7350 but it is indeed still stuck in QDL mode :( and I don't know how to exit from it or reboot. (hard reset button doesn't work too)

Any idea?

Options
Re:M7350EU v4 Stuck in QDL/EDL mode
2021-08-24 07:24:24

@Mehrdad 

Hi, if the firmware recovery failed as well, I am afraid there is no other better solution.

May I know how long have you had the M7350?

If it is still under warranty, You could replace it with the shop retailer first.

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1204

Replies: 2

Related Articles