SKY WiFi Setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

SKY WiFi Setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
SKY WiFi Setup
SKY WiFi Setup
2021-08-25 06:21:43
Model: Archer VR1200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 6041 210701

Hi to everyone,

Anybody here know how setup the connection with SKY WiFi in Italy? I need to use my modem Vr1210v instead the Sky Hub and I was setting up the VLAN ID as 101 as suggested in some forum, but I guess is not enough. I ask the TP-Link support but they indicated me SKY(MER)_VDSL and connecting as I'm in UK, but this setup doesn't work as well. Thank for your help.

Options
5 Reply
Re:SKY WiFi Setup
2021-08-25 11:00:31

@Matsalleh 

Hi,  May I know why you want to replace SKY Hub with Archer VR1210v ?

I used to have the feedback that SKY is very strict with third party routers.

Normally, we would suggest leaving the SKY hub as a bridge modem and set up Archer VR1210v as the wireless router.

Options
2021-08-25 13:06:52

@TP-Link 

Thank you for your quick reply. Main reason is because I want have a possibility to change DNS, then there are some website that Sky provider don't get connected. I'm not talking about hacking or pirate website, simply also my email provider.... .

Options
2021-08-26 06:19:10

@Matsalleh 

In this way, have you ever checked with SKY about the internet connection(Dynamic IP or PPPoE) and VLAN ID?

If you have access to the Sky hub, maybe you could also check whether there is anything useful on the web UI.

Options
2021-08-26 06:24:06

@TP-Link 

Yes, I made try with Dynamic IP and VLAN ID (101) and I try everything I found on web. SKY is using IPv6 mainly and I was trying and trying all options.

But is it possible that since SKY WiFi appear in Italy (more than 1 years ago) TP-Link never try configuration for this provider? Is almost impossible that no TP-Link user are using SKY WiFi in Italy.

Options
2021-08-26 07:07:55

@Matsalleh 

Hi, Actually I am not sure whether there are other users with SKY service since most of the time, the country is not mentioned.

But we do have a local support team in Italy.

Maybe you could send an email to them for further check.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 556

Replies: 5

Related Articles