setup issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

setup issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
setup issues
setup issues
2021-09-05 11:58:18 - last edited 2021-09-07 08:41:27
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

I have purchased a TP-Link Deco M5 3 unit mesh. I am working through the setup using the APP to setup first unit. I have reached the section on connection type. I have chosen PPPoE and have typed the username and password provided by Vodafone. I have then turned on IPTV/VLAN settings (not sure if I needed to) and chosen custom mode and added internet VLAN ID of 101 as advised by Vodafone and chosen 1 at random for VLAN Priority.802.1Q tag is ticked by default and there is a section on IPTV VLAN to fill in. Is this actually required? Regardless of filling in or not everything seems to progress. I enter a wifi name and password to create a new wifi connection. I am prompted to connect to my created wifi. Immediately the deco unit LED goes red and when testing the internet connection on the APP it states unable to connect to the internet. I have tried everything including unplugging the router. What am I doing wrong. This is doing my head in now for a product that is plug and play. I am not a techi!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:setup issues-Solution
2021-09-05 20:16:32 - last edited 2021-09-07 08:41:27

@yianny 

Hey

First thing is are you using the Vodafone router?  Basically have you connected the Main Deco into the Vodafone router via a cable? 

If so you don't need to do anything with the connection type, leave it as DYNAMIC IP.   In short the Vodafone router is the actual one doing the internet dialing, the Deco is just piggybacking off it.

Also   IP/TV, VLANS etc. just ignore all that if you have the Vodafone router

Hopefully that helps!

Recommended Solution
Options
11 Reply
Re:setup issues-Solution
2021-09-05 20:16:32 - last edited 2021-09-07 08:41:27

@yianny 

Hey

First thing is are you using the Vodafone router?  Basically have you connected the Main Deco into the Vodafone router via a cable? 

If so you don't need to do anything with the connection type, leave it as DYNAMIC IP.   In short the Vodafone router is the actual one doing the internet dialing, the Deco is just piggybacking off it.

Also   IP/TV, VLANS etc. just ignore all that if you have the Vodafone router

Hopefully that helps!

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:setup issues
2021-09-06 11:14:27

@yianny Thank you so much for the advice. All sorted now. Brilliant

Options
2021-09-06 11:38:36

@yianny 

Hey

Happy days, glad you got sorted ok smiley

Options
2021-09-07 05:42:55

@Philbert would this be the same to set up with a virgin cable router? Have a friend who is impressed with the kit and is on cable. Thanks

Options
2021-09-07 07:09:43

@yianny 

Quick answer to your question... YES  it will work exactly the same, there is no reason to change it from the way you have it setup 

Just to the same "dynamic" setting on your friends Deco and it should work exactly like yours

Options
2021-09-07 07:11:54

@Philbert brill

Options
2021-09-21 15:03:50

Hi, me again. I am looking at potentially changing from Sky plus to Sky Q with a couple of secondary boxes, maybe 3. Do you know if the Deco mesh set up conflicts at all with the Sky Q set up? 

Options
2021-09-22 11:28:56

@yianny 

Hi, it is suggested that you could have a look at this link:

Can Sky Q work with Deco?

Options
2021-09-23 18:21:30

@yianny 

I actually setup a Deco with sky recently and for once it had no issues.   Sky Q is generally a real pain to work with!

What I done was get the Deco setup and working, then connected the main SkyQ box wireless, the other Mini Boxes are cabled into the Deco (not wireless) and that worked flawlessly.

The issue with SkyQ is nearly always the mini boxes, they are awful!!  Sadly its not just Deco thing either, seen it on Eero and Netgear stuff also

Options
2021-09-30 08:57:17

@Philbert 

That is helpful. So is there anything different at all that i need to do with my deco set up? Can the mini boxes plug in directly or do i need to change a setting anywhere. I'm not very good at this sort of thing. Thanks

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1425

Replies: 11

Related Articles