Connecting Deco M4 as a modem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-07 07:02:30
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

Purchased a Deco M4 whole home mesh system with 3 M4s to replace my Sky Modem/Router. 

I am struggling to work out how to use it as a modem, as my BT (UK) wall box coming in has a phone socket, and the filter that was in there only adds an ADSL socket, and the M4 has an Ethernet socket (Not 100% i got the terminology correct there, but they are different) so i cant plug the M4 directly in to be a modem.

I can plug the M4 using Ethernet cable into the Sky router and i have internet via the M4 (yet to set up the second and third M4s) but thats not why i purchased it. What do i need to get to sort this?

thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Connecting Deco M4 as a modem
2021-09-07 08:53:14

@Pete123 

Hi,Deco M4 could work as a router or an access point, but not a DSL modem since there is no DSL socket.

Deco X20-DSL might be a suitable product for you:

Since you already have a sky modem/router, you could still plug the sky modem/router into the DSL service and turn off its wifi, then configure the Deco M4 as an access point to provide the wireless mesh service around the house.

Options