My new TD-W9960 is constantly dropping IP/DSL connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-09 08:36:09
Model: TD-W9960  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 0.8.0 v009d.0 Build 201016 Rel.78709n

Basically what the title stated.

Ever since I bought the TD-W9960 , like a month a go, I had multiple issues with connectivity. at first it was constantly dropping the IP after obtaining it for like an hour or so. when I go to the settings, the only thing that's apparent to me is that the configuration gets altered spontaneously for some reason. instead of VPI/VCI , it some times switches to Vid . other times it retains the VPI/VCI mode, but the value are null and had to be re-entered. even then, it just wont work again unless I restart a couple of times or just keep switching between choosing my ISP ( We Egypt) then letting it auto fill the values, and choosing ISP : "Other" and entering the values manually.

Recently though ( for the past couple of days) , we had frequent power outages. after the first one, the router just wont connect to VDSL at all, not just fail at getting an IP like it used to. the DSL LED just keeps blinking indefinitely. I had to reset the router to get it to work again, but then it just lost it again and the same problem occurred, tried everything to get it to connect but the only thing that worked was resetting it again.

Is my unit faulty or is there something I can do about this, it's really affecting my work here.

Options
2 Reply
Re:My new TD-W9960 is constantly dropping IP/DSL connection
2021-09-13 08:47:02

@Sebai 

Hi, Have you ever checked with the DSL service provider about the DSL service quality?

Also, I did not find your current firmware version and May I know how did you update this firmware-Build 201016 Rel.78709n?

Options
Re:My new TD-W9960 is constantly dropping IP/DSL connection
2021-09-13 08:53:46

@TP-Link 

Hey, 

I have checked with my ISP. They reported that there is no problem. And indeed, when I used my old router, it worked fine. 

I didn't upgrade this firmware, it came with this build. When I tried to check for updates when I first got it, it reported that it's already up to date. 

An Update to the issue though, I found out that the connection is much more stable when I switch the modulation type to ADSL instead of VDSL. But I lose speed that way, naturally. Does that help in diagnosing the problem in anyway? 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 817

Replies: 2