Archer VR400v2 dhcp address reservation problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-10 17:35:50
Model: Archer VR400  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 0.6.0 0.9.1 v0070.0 Build 200713 Beta.34548n

I have configured DHCP address reservations for all the devices on the network for the last month or so I have faced the following problem on many devices that don't get IP from the router.

What I have tried so far: 

1. I played with the devices' settings tried to set up static IPs from the device side but nothing worked.

2. I deleted the rule for the particular device from the router but it did not solve the problem either. The cmd shows the device's IP something like 192.168.245.xxx (my network is on the 192.168.1.xxx subnet).

3. I tried to reset the router and initially it did work but after setting up the reservations the problem returned interestingly enough to the same devices (Note that not all devices have a problem but progressively more devices do).

The temporary solution I found is to set random mac addresses on the devices with the problem but this screws the hole network because random IPs are assigned to the devices.

More info:

Most of the devices run Windows 10 21H1 os build 19043.1165 although I could not connect the problem with a particular windows update and not all the devices with the same version of windows have problems. Also, I am aware that I am running a beta firmware but I installed it a while ago and I did not have problems for many months.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer VR400v2 dhcp address reservation problem
2021-09-13 07:59:36

@Bill_Kyriafinis 

Hi, as for the IP address via CMD, I guess it is 169.254.xxx.xxx?

Could you please also send the system log on the modem to me?

Were you able to reproduce the same issue on several devices all the time?

Except for the system info, could you please send me some pictures of the driver info as well:

How to check driver version of TP-Link adapters and system information of your computer?

Options
Re:Archer VR400v2 dhcp address reservation problem
2021-09-13 12:19:34

@TP-Link Yes the ip has this format. Unfortunately I factory reset the router 1 hour ago so I do not have the logs in hand. I can not reproduce the problem when ever I want it happens randomly but once it happens there is no way to reverse it unless you change the Mac address of the affected device.

The adapter on one of the devices is Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 3165 and the driver is:

Driver provider: Microsoft 

Driver Date: 03/09/2018

Driver Version: 19.51.15.3

Although the problem was present on other devices with different intel hardware and most of the times the driver was the latest official Intel driver.

After the system restore I took the time and setup everything from the begging instead of just restoring the previously saved config. That seems to temporarily solve the problem so now only time will tell. 

Options