When the internet goes down I'm in the dark

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-11 02:35:35
Model: Tapo L530E  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I understand that if there are issues either with the router or the land line (and internet) the voice control of the light bulbs won't work and neither will the apps, but I don't get why I'm living in the dark until the issue is fixed. Ok, not in the dark, because some of the bulbs work, but not all of them.

Once the internet goes down, for whatever reason, shouldn't they go back to just being basic light bulbs that respond to the on/off switch? Well, they don't. 

Shouldn't it possible to soft reset temporarily ALL the bulbs (I have eight of them) at the same time, given the fact that individual soft resets don't work and I'm not willing to hard reset all eight of them and redo all the pairings?

Please help me get the lights back on (or the internet, but that's out of your hands, isn't it?)! frown

Options
1 Reply
Re:When the internet goes down I'm in the dark
2021-09-13 02:02:55

@Monnalisa  Hello, 

Smart bulbs should always respond when you manually turn on/ off the switch, when wifi does not work, bulb just loses Internet from WiFi and that should not affect the hardware relay.

Please make sure bulbs are screwed in properly, not in bad/ poor contact.

Try to swap location with ordinary bulbs and check if you could  turn ON/ OFF the bulb right now manually?

Do the 8 bulbs in the same light fixture? You could unscrew it and plug it in a different light fixture and do the hard reset for the problematic bulbs:

How to reset the Tapo smart bulb: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2753/

Options