Access point

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Access point

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Access point
Access point
2021-09-18 16:22:26 - last edited 2021-09-22 00:43:32
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

Hello, I'm sorry if someone already made the same question but I searched and didn't find.

I have two archer c7 and one archer a7. The first two set like access point and the second like router. The problem I have is that once it connects to one of them, even if I'm in front of the second, doesn't connect to it and keep the low signal of the other one. There's a way to like "prioritise" one over the other 2? Cause the router is in the living room so is the one more used and that I would like to have good signal also there but if I come back from bedroom, even if they're already set in onemesh mode, remain connected to the bedroom access point so instead of 750Mbps I find myself with 20/40 Mbps.

thank you

Options
1 Reply
Re:Access point
2021-09-19 14:13:49 - last edited 2021-09-22 00:43:32

@Alex93 

I would say this is expected behaviour if honest, what you have setup is 3x individual Access Points and not a "mesh"

In a mesh setup the network will move the client from AP to AP as best needs, basically the client is aware of the entire network.  However in your setup its only aware of the one its connected too, therefore wont ever move unless that signal dies

Options..

1. Turn the signal strength down so that there is no overlap and that will force the device to reconnect, not ideal!

2. Look at replacing these with Deco or OneMesh setup..   Deco E5 3x pack might be a good option for you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 392

Replies: 1

Related Articles