Archer VR400 loses connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-23 09:03:07
Model: Archer VR400  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 0.1.0 0.9.1 v0070.0 Build 160613 Rel.40404n

Hello, I've recently purchased an Archer VR400, I've set it up easily and started working with it.

I'm having some issues with the router, it seems like it sort of crashes, and the only way to get it back to work again is simply turn it off for 2 minutes and then turn it on again.

I don't know if it's overheating issues that causes this, I'm not doing anything special with the router, simply have 2 devices connected via ethernet cable, and 1 wifi device.

2.4g/5g turned on.

This is a new router, so I don't think of anything that should cause that, I also tried setting up the router from the beginning multiple times in hopes it might help.

Why it happens? Is this router just that awful?

Thanks.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer VR400 loses connection
2021-09-24 10:09:21

@msacco 

Hi, I noticed that you have Archer VR400 V1 which has been end-of-life for a while and the firmware has not been updated since 2016.

So if you just bought it, and the issue started after purchase, I would suggest that you replace it with a more updated model.

At the same time, there are some suggestions for you:

1. Did both a wireless connection and Ethernet connection drop internet service?

If just wireless, please try to change the wireless channel to channel 11 for 2.4ghz and channel 48 for 5ghz.

If both, would the internet and DSL light turn off when the connection dropped, and have you checked with ISP about the DSL service quality?

2. when the internet dropped, would there be any error message on the advanced>status page, such as “please configure the DNS manually”?

Options
Re:Archer VR400 loses connection
2021-09-24 10:19:45

@TP-Link 

I bought it from ebay, so I doubt I will be able to replace that for a different version.

Both wireless and ethernet connection drop, the DSL light doesn't turn off, and I can't access the router at all(even when I ping 192.168.1.1), if it was related to DSL/IPS, I was still supposed to be able to ping and access the router, but in this case I can't, which indicates to me that this is an issue with the router itself.

Thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 808

Replies: 2

Related Articles