229 Reply
RE:[Range Extender] OneMesh Supports Ethernet Backhaul
2023-11-27 12:05:18
this should happen!
Options
Re:[Range Extender] OneMesh Supports Ethernet Backhaul
2023-11-27 19:09:23

@Solla-topee

The ignore level from this company is something out of this world. Could someone from the TP-Link make an official update? This feature is one of the most requested features in this forum, and no official replies for a very long time... Are you all guys on vacation or something?

Options
2023-11-27 19:25:15

@Solla-topee  @Riley_S 

some eyes on this would be great please

Options
2023-11-27 19:25:35

@Ernis agreed, super frustrating 

Options
Re:Range Extenders Support OneMesh/EasyMesh in AP Mode
2023-11-28 03:31:28

@Eightball11854 

@Ernis 

Hi, RE315_V1 will start supporting Ethernet Backhaul for EasyMesh and the official firmware will be released very soon. It will still be in the wireless range extender mode.

How to build an Ethernet Backhaul using TP-Link EasyMesh Range Extenders

The same modification will be gradually introduced to other models but there hasn't been a clear ETA for a certain model.

The Ethernet Backhaul for EasyMesh needs the support of both the range extender and the wireless router. Personally I think, if you haven't got any products yet, and are considering creating an EasyMesh over Ethernet Backhaul using the routers and range extenders, the Deco Mesh series will be a more competitive choice.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2023-11-28 08:15:59

@David-TP 

late action but great news , 

better to be late than never

Options
2023-11-28 17:13:46

@David-TP how about the AX90, RE505X, and RE815X?

it might be beneficial to provide a timeline, or get development to push this release since its such a HIGHLY requested product from your consumer division

Options
2023-11-28 19:41:06

@Eightball11854 

505X & 815X shown as "planned" click on show all

https://www.tp-link.com/en/easymesh/product-list/

I'll be disappointed AGAIN if AX11000 EasyMesh firmware is not released

https://www.tp-link.com/en/blog/290/

Recently, TP-Link announced its plans for a free EasyMesh™ upgrade for its routers and range extenders. It's worth noting that the newest TP-Link range extenders (RE815XERE900XD) will already come equipped with the super-compatible EasyMesh™ standard.

Options
2023-11-28 20:00:00
unfortunately, these have been in the "Planned" status for well over 6 months now. I know dev is hard speaking on experience, but if they've rolled it out for lower-tier equipment like the AX10, and I'm assuming the bones of all these devices are the same, how hard is it to implement across the board and give your paying consumers what they want? I literally have over $500 worth of TP-Link equipment in my house, and this is the one feature that's keeping me from using it as intended. If i had known this functionality would take forever to roll-out, i would have simply bought the tri-band deco system and called it a day, but now I'm all in
Options
2023-11-28 20:26:48

@Eightball11854 

We're in the same boat "in" with TPLink routers and repeaters without backhaul. 

Surely TPLink would prefer that we "upgrade" to newer equipment that supports it. My future purchase of TPLink products when it's time to upgrade will depend on how they respond to this backhaul deal. They'll restore lots of confidence in this brand for me and many others. 

Options

Voters 124

+ 120 Voters