TL-WPA8635P KIT (FR): How to upgrade the wifi extender's firmware and where can i grab it.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-WPA8635P KIT (FR): How to upgrade the wifi extender's firmware and where can i grab it.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-03 11:55:04
Model: TL-WPA8630P KIT  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 3.0.0 Build 20200612 Rel.69906

Hi All

I am the proud owner of that useful kit since a couple of days.

However as i was configuring it i was expecting that the Wifi module was implementing WPA3 which apparently it is not.

I need it as my ISP Router has now moved to WPA3 (and all my devices are supporting it)

I have then looked on the download section of the TP Link website to find if there are any new firmware and when browsing for that KIT(https://www.tp-link.com/fr/support/download/tl-wpa8635p-kit/) it does not show me any firmware available.

I have then looked deeper and found out that in fact the KIT is made with those 2 elements (correct me guys if i am wrong):

-TL-WPA8631P 3.0 (the Wifi module)

-TL-PA8015P 3.0 (the powerline extender module)

I have then looked directly into the download section of the TL-WPA8631P 3.0 module and found that there is apparently a firmware that i could use (TL-WPA8631P(EU)_V3_210514)

Unfortunately when i try to upload it either via the admin webpage or via the tpPLC utiity; both are giving me an error ("Failed! Incorrect file")

Does it mean that TL-WPA8631P 3.0 is not the same product from TL-WPA8635P KIT (FR)?

Where can i grab the proper firmware then?

By the way when i want to post that message; it asks me to select a model. The drop down menu does not show the TL-WPA8635P KIT but others.

I have used the TL-WPA8630P KIT instead for the sake of posting (i am not talking about that one obviously)

Thanks in advance

Options
3 Reply
Re:TL-WPA8635P KIT (FR): How to upgrade the wifi extender's firmware and where can i grab it.
2021-10-07 12:35:39

Hi Team!

Upping the topic as any advises would highly appreciated!

I kept looking for a firmware but no luck.

Thanks in advance

Options
Re:TL-WPA8635P KIT (FR): How to upgrade the wifi extender's firmware and where can i grab it.
2021-10-09 11:10:20

Hello @Freko , 

Thank you for your feedback, WPA8631P (FR) firmware is still in the launch process,it will take some time before local team release the firmware, it could take a few weeks.

We've forwarded your feedback to appreciate team to expedite the process, please kindly keep an eye on the website update later: 

https://www.tp-link.com/fr/support/download/tl-wpa8635p-kit/

Options
2022-03-04 20:25:59

@Solla-topee and where is the dutch version? 

Options