Only the power light, and then briefly every light at once.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-08 16:04:36
Model: TD-W9970  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, I'm using this purely as a modem in bridge mode to a ASUS router. It works fine for a few months then all of a sudden just stops. The power light is on, and nothing else. Then every 20 seconds all of the lights flash on briefly. Then off for another 20 seconds. If I turn the power off and back on it connects as it should. 

Any help would be appreciated, 

thanks

Options
4 Reply
Re:Only the power light, and then briefly every light at once.
2021-10-08 16:27:49

This is what happens roughly every 20 seconds. (the red light on the router is because there's no internet connection) 

https://youtu.be/qpu2X1v1r5Q

Options
2021-10-09 07:14:26

@mfq 

Hi, thank you for the feedback.

May I know how long have you had the modem?

Have you tried to reset the modem before?

Please check the private message for further assistance.

Options
2021-10-09 07:26:09

@TP-Link I. Have had the modem about a year. Maybe a bit longer. It has done it about three times over that period. 

I have reset it the first time. I did reset it the first time. I haven't since. I've also had an engineer out from the phone company he couldn't find anything wrong with the phone line. 

Options
2021-10-09 07:32:37

@mfq 

Thank you and could you please help me get the information on the private message so that I could help you check whether this device is under warranty?

Options