Low download/upload speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-09 12:19:59
Model: TL-PA411KIT  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Latest

My ISP provides around 200 Mbps download speeds. I achieve this speed when my device is connected directly to the router with an ethernet cable.

My powerline rate is ~200 Mbps but the download/upload speeds cannot seem to go above 9Mbps. I have tried each of the steps of the troubleshooting guide but they do not solve the problem. Any suggestions for the problem?

thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Low download/upload speed
2021-10-13 05:56:26

@Jbroni 

From  the powerline rate,  the actual speed is pretty slow.

When Router < Ethernet cable #1  >PA411......... PA411  < Ethernet cable #2  > PC: 

• Make sure both Ethernet cables are cat5or above, should support 100Mbps
  • Check the wired link speed between PA411 and PC , it should 100Mbps, not 10Mbps.

(How to check the associated/link speed on a wired client)  https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2899/

• Check the if router's LAN port is on 100Mbps if you could check the port speed on router interface * Try a newer a cable between router and main adapter
  • Try a different wall socket for the extender unit or main unit one by one and see if that helps

May I know when router --PC , how much speed you could get? If locate PA411 closer in the same room, will the speed improves, when did you buy the KIT and did it work fine before? 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 457

Replies: 1

Related Articles