Help needed with 4G USB stick and TL-WR902AC portable router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-11 07:33:12
Model: TL-WR902AC  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 0.9.1 0.3 v0089.0 Build 191018 Rel.34369n(4555)

Hi all,

I hope this finds everyone safe and well amongst Covid.

I was hoping that someone may be able to help me out. I purchased a TP-Link TL-WR902AC(EU) ver. 3.0 travel router. I was hoping that I could tether my phone's internet connection with it, but I can't seem to work this out. As such, I purchased a Huawei E3372 LTE USB stick from my local Optus dealer, and got a data SIM added to my service.

My issue is that I can't seem to get the travel router to recognize the USB stick either. I have tested it being directly plugged into the computer, which works great, but I can't figure out why the TP-Link router won't recognize it.

In case someone can help, I have done the following:

1. I have connected the USB stick and flicked the switched on the side to 'Share Hotspot' mode

2. I have connected my computer to the wireless network

3. I have gone to the router's setup page and logged in

4. The following is reported from the main page:

Wireless 2.4GHz

Operation Mode:WISP

**Wireless Radio:**Enabled

**Name(SSID):**TP-Link_6ADB

**Mode:**11bgn mixed

**Channel:**6

**Channel Width:**Auto

**MAC Address:**3C:84:6A:29:6A:DB

**WDS Status:**Connecting

I am assuming the fact that the modem is identifying 'WISP' as the operation mode surely means it's recognizing the modem. ??? I have tried updating the firmware. I have also tried following the instructions on the manual, however there is no 3G/4G setting under the Network panel. It also says to ' Download a most recent 3G/4G USB modem configuration file from our website' if it won't recognize my modem, but I cannot seem to find this configuration file anywhere.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Help needed with 4G USB stick and TL-WR902AC portable router
2021-10-12 08:24:33

@SphynxAU 

Can you find Network > 3G/4G Settings when choosing Router mode? Follow this guide below to confirm the settings:

https://www.tp-link.com/us/user-guides/tl-wr902ac_v3/chapter-4-configure-the-router-in-standard-wireless-router-mode#ug-sub-title-2

Additionally, you can try updating to the beta firmware we provided here to see if the WR902AC can identify the Huawei E3372 LTE USB stick:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/245560

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1119

Replies: 1

Related Articles