Where is the problem with wifi signal.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-19 09:06:45
Model: TL-WPA7510 KIT  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: unknown

I have a Plusnet Hub1 router that has been functioning for several years.  I have a wifi signal analyser app that has been showing 2 x 2.4GHz signals and 2 x 5GHz signals - one each from the router and one each from the extender.  Over the past few days the app has only been showing one 2.4 signal (assumed from the router, as it is much stronger next to it.).  It still shows 2 5GHz signals.  The only thing that has changed is that about 1 week ago a Plusnet technician 'split the wifi signal' (his words) to try and overcome a wifi intermittent glitch.  Immediately after his efforts I still had all 4 wifi signals on the app, it is only in the past 2 days I've noticed the disappearance of the 2.4 signal from the TP link extender.  Has the SSID(?) been changed and should I try to reset the extender to get it back. Or is there likely to be some other problem?  

Options
2 Reply
Re:Where is the problem with wifi signal.
2021-10-21 08:10:19 - last edited 2021-10-21 08:10:33

@corystes 

To isolate the issue, we better set a SSID that is different from router's for the powerline extender for a period, so next time when you notice signal disappearing on the APP,  check if tp-link SSID is still there or not. 

How to customize wireless settings on tpPLC Utility (new logo)?

How to Change Wireless Setting Using the tpPLC App (Smartphone)?

Options
Re:Where is the problem with wifi signal.
2021-10-21 09:22:45

Thanks for the response.  Also had response from Plusnet who suggested re-setting the wifi network.  This seems to have cleared the problem

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 358

Replies: 2

Related Articles