AX73 router PPPoE connection, slower speed than ISP modem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-26 18:47:09 - last edited 2021-10-27 01:23:51
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.3 Build 20210717 rel.64680(4555)

I bought today the AX73 router, I set my ISP modem to bridge mode. I checked the speed on ISP it's like 700 mpbs (I created PPPoE connection on my pc and connected the modem with cable). And when I check it on router via cable or wifi it gives me 300-320 mpbs (router is PPPoE connection as well). 

What should I change to reach higher speed on router?

Options
1 Reply
Re:AX73 router PPPoE connection, slower speed than ISP modem
2021-10-27 09:57:27

@PurmanT 

Hello, please follow the guide below to check and confirm if the QoS settings on the AX73 is configured correctly, you can try to disable it if necessary, then connect a computer to the AX73 with an Ethernet cable to test the speed again:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/3069/

If you are talking about the wireless speed, please verify which band are you testing the speed, 2.4G or 5G? What kind of wireless devices you are testing the connection with the AX73, can we have the brand and model of it? If it is a computer, we would like to know the model of it, please ensure it is running with the latest driver, thanks.

You can also check and modify the 2.4G and 5G wireless settings on the AX73, you can check that by installing an app like Wi-Fi Analyzer on your phone or laptop and test, then set a channel with less congestion according to the test results on the AX73, and change the 2.4G channel width to 40MHz, and 5GHz to 80MHz, reboot the AX73 and reconnect to the network then conform.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 638

Replies: 1