VR2100v webinterface hangs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-30 11:43:49 - last edited 2021-11-02 01:08:43
Model: Archer VR2100v  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: stock

I ordered a VR2100v. I reproducible hangs the webinterface as soon as i click "Advanced Settings". I tried firefox, chrome and edge from a PC and also from a smartphone and a tablet.

If from anywhere the advanced settings have been clicked, the webinterface becomes unreachable from all clients. However the router is still running and working. The only way i figured out yet to access the webinterface again is to restart the router.

I'd tried to install a firmwareupgrade hoping it would fix the problem but guess what: To install a firmwareupgrade i need to access the advanced settings.

I also refunded the router once but the new one has the same problem.

Is there any way to fix this?

Options
8 Reply
Re:VR2100v webinterface hangs
2021-10-30 16:37:53

@Itsame 

Contact your local support, explain what you've done so far and ask them how to proceed further.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-11-01 08:54:27

@Itsame 

Hi, we would like to forward your case to the senior engineers.

Could you please refer to the private message and help me get more details

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-11-01 14:19:21

I have the same problem. So please post the fix here if you and the support found it. 

Greetings

~ Andorim

Options
2021-11-01 16:28:56 - last edited 2021-11-02 01:08:43

I found some other posts on the internet where other people had the same problem. But sadly no solution.

It might probably not be really common, but i'm not the only one having this issue. Asking for specific details here would allow others to help, too. I don't have regularly access to the router because it is not mine, so it may take some time.

He asked for the MAC address of the modem and requested a video of whats happening. So if someone wants to contribute, probably just send a private message with the details to him, too.

If i find a solution, i'll let you know here.

Options
2021-12-02 01:49:28

@Itsame 

@Andorim 

Were you able to find any solution to the freezing problem?

Sometimes I can get into Advanced settings but when I try to update the firmware with the latest firmware I can find on the support page for the VR2100v, the firmware does not actually update. I tried the other firmwares on that page and it did not work either.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Options
2022-01-10 22:22:43

Nope, no solution yet, but also didn't have occasions to really try out more yet.

Would appreciate further hints too.

Options
2022-01-10 22:26:44
... hint: Change equipment supplier.
Options
2022-02-19 16:27:50

Finally i had an occasion to do further experiments.

Inspired by other hints across the internet, i unpluged the phone (from phone1). Didn't work, webinterface still hangs when i try to access advanced settings.

Then i tried to also remove the phone number settings and tada, i could access advanced settings. I also installed the firmware update (now 1.3.0.0.9.1).

Reentered the phone number setting, and nope, advanced settings hangs the interface again (so the firmware update didn't fix this).

Removed phone number again, tada: Works.

Reentered it, hangs.

This is 100% reproducible.

But not configuring the phone is inacceptable. At least it is a workaround although a very anoying one, but not a fix.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 583

Replies: 8