TL-WPA7617 bug with guest clients and google cast

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-11 19:53:04 - last edited 2021-11-25 08:53:57

Hello,

i've a big problem with my TL-WPA7617. I need two SSIDs in my network, and clients connected to different SSIDs need to be able to communicate with each other. So i've used the main wifi SSID plus the guest SSID available in TL-WPA7617; I then enabled the option to allow clients to see each other and in addition the option to manage the network. Unfortunately, however, the communication between clients is somehow filtered, in particular it is not possible to communicate with google cast devices; for example when the smartphone is connected on the main SSID and the google device is on the guest SSID and vice versa; in this case the devices cannot see each other, despite the option being enabled. Is there any hope for a firmware update that will fix this terrible bug?

Thanks

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TL-WPA7617 bug with guest clients and google cast-Solution
2021-11-18 11:11:58 - last edited 2021-11-25 08:53:57

Hello @almaster76 

Powerline main Wi-Fi and Powerline Guest Wi-Fi are isolated, currently it does not support allowing guests to access local network. 

'Allow guests to see each other' is to allow devices connected to Guest Wi-Fi to communicate with each other. 

By the way, Router Main Wi-Fi and Powerline Guest Wi-Fi should be accessible to each other, you may switch some devices to Main router's Wi-Fi if permitted.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-WPA7617 bug with guest clients and google cast-Solution
2021-11-18 11:11:58 - last edited 2021-11-25 08:53:57

Hello @almaster76 

Powerline main Wi-Fi and Powerline Guest Wi-Fi are isolated, currently it does not support allowing guests to access local network. 

'Allow guests to see each other' is to allow devices connected to Guest Wi-Fi to communicate with each other. 

By the way, Router Main Wi-Fi and Powerline Guest Wi-Fi should be accessible to each other, you may switch some devices to Main router's Wi-Fi if permitted.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 276

Replies: 1