TalkTalk VR2800 Unidentified Network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-17 10:56:39 - last edited 2021-11-18 01:06:10
Model: Archer VR2800  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I hope someone can help! I recently bought a VR2800 for use with TalkTalk Broadband, which worked fine. I was then upgraded to Fibre and couldn't get it to connect at all. After several hours of fannying around I gave up and plugged in the free TalkTalk model.

I decided to give it another go this morning to see if I could find the issue. I couldn't so plugged back in the TalkTalk device. However, now I cannot access the internet at all from my PC. The modem is working fine, as I can connect via wireless, but my PC Win7 can't connect at all. I have an "unidentified network", "Local Area Connection doesn't have a valid IP configuration" issue, which I have been unable to fix using all the advice found online. I have even tried a system restore with no joy.

What has happened? Why did plugging in the VR2800 to my PC cause the network settings to get screwed? How do I fix it? And once I have, how do I get the VR2800 to work?

Thanks you for any help given!

Options
1 Reply
Re:TalkTalk VR2800 Unidentified Network
2021-11-19 07:30:38

@pinksparklegirl 

Hi, was only the Windows 7 PC having this issue?

--If yes, have you set up a static IP address on the laptop before?

When you replaced the free TalkTalk modem with Archer VR2800, May I know which port on the VR2800 is plugged into TalkTalk, the DSL or LAN4/WAN?

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 430

Replies: 1

Related Articles