Best Modem for Deco M5 system

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-19 11:33:24

Just purchased a deco m5 system - I've set it up by plugging it into mt BT router (not sure if this is the most efficient way) I need to renew my boradband shortly so just wondering what it the best modem to buy for the deco m5 system so I don't have to use my new ISP supplier's router?

I'm not really sure of the best way to set this up and maximise my internet / wifi capabilities around the home.

Any advice would be greatly received.  Have a good day.  Thanks, Denis.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Best Modem for Deco M5 system
2021-11-22 12:07:53

@DPM-CC 

Hi, welcome to the Community.

May I know who will be your new service provider? and do you still need a DSL modem for the new service provider?

What made you choose Deco or what features on Deco are more important to you?

Normally, if you have a wireless router provided by the service provider, we will recommend keeping the router since they would have better compatibility with the provider.

Then turn off the Wi-Fi on the ISP router and put Deco into access point mode to provide the wireless mesh network.

In this way, you will have no double NAT issue and could still enjoy the mesh technology, as well as good Wi-Fi coverage.

But we will lose some features like parental control, QoS, etc.

Options
2021-11-22 12:46:46
Morning, Thank you for your reply - much appreciated. I'm currently with BT but thinking of changing to Virgin. I have a basic package with BT and I'm only averaging 20 mbps but I need more because some of my devices are buffering. I went for a deco system to improve Wi-Fi coverage around my house based on recommendations for a few friends and the amazon reviews. I have just turned off the Wi-Fi on my BT router - do I need to do something specifically to put my deco into access mode? Thank you, Denis.
Options
2021-11-23 00:52:37

@DPM-CC 

Hi, you might also need to go to Deco APP>More>Advanced>operation mode and change to access point.

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-11-23 07:13:01

@TP-Link Thank you, I will give that a go. Appreciate the reply. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2409

Replies: 4

Related Articles