TP-LINK AC1300 Mini (Archer T3U) has frequent speed drops / disconnects

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-27 21:28:51
Model: Archer T3U  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi everyone,

I've bought this adapter in the hopes to get faster internet than my built-in network card and in a sense it does the trick but it fails miserably in connectivity reliability. As you can see it has sudden drops making it barely usable: 

This can also be seen when pinging, especially when having an RDP open it continually loses its connection.

So what can be done to solve this? I've the Archer T3U(EUUS)_V1_180724_Win.zip driver installed from the official website. In the device manager I see this corresponds to version 1030.22.202.2018 (12/02/2018). I have a Windows 10 version 21H1, build 19043.1348.

Options
7 Reply
Re:TP-LINK AC1300 Mini (Archer T3U) has frequent speed drops / disconnects
2021-11-30 06:28:49

Good day@Bartjeuhh 

Thank you for your detailed post. Please check out some tips below that may help: 

• Try a different Wi-Fi channel on the router: 

Scan nearby wireless channels using software like inSSIDer or WiFi Analyzer and select a less-crowded Wi-Fi channel on the router.

• Try the chipset driver and see if that helps with performance: 

Realtek Chipset Driver for T3U(Nano/ Pus)

• Disable other wireless adapter when use tp-link adapter

May I know how often does the speed the drop and will it recover by itself, it is on 2.4Ghz on 5Ghz Wi-Fi band?  Does the old- built in adapter have a stable speed? 

Options
2021-12-02 00:31:05

@Solla-topee 

• Actually the Wifi channel is being choosen automatically by my modem and doesn't need any manual adjustments. In fact, there are no other Wifi signals that could interfere, especially not on 5Ghz.
  • I've installed the chipset driver and this definitely works! Why isn't this downloadable in the official Support section? This should be recommended by default. It doesn't have the high ms ping values anymore but does still sometimes disconnect: about 90 times out of 20000 pings.
  • My laptop's internal wifi adapter is already disabled. And yes, it always has a stable speed, never back downed on me after already 10 years.

Well, the speed dropped very often in the same interval as shown in the ping-screenshot I added in my previous post. It did recover by itself, but slowly. It happened on both WiFi bands but I would like to configure this Mini adapter to just connect with 5Ghz at all times: is that possible?

Options
2021-12-02 03:28:59

Hello @Bartjeuhh 

If you want adapter only connect to a 5Ghz Wi-Fi, Adapter Properties window> Advanced tab>(Wireless) Mode >IEEE 802.11ac mode only (need change back to 802.11n/ac if adapter need connect to a 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi) Guide to check Adapter Properties: https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/284/

Please monitor the performance of adapter, if same thing happens, you may follow suggestions to adjust channel and lower channel width 5Ghz:40Mhz, 2.4Ghz :20Mhz (this will sacrifice some speed) to minimum the possible interference. Band1 channel 36/40/44/48 are recommended. 

Options
2021-12-08 14:47:45

Hi again @Solla-topee 

I monitored the performance and the issue is back :( it's so annoying.

I managed to change the so said Advanced settings to let it only connect to 5Ghz WiFi, that's good. It's channel 36 as recommended.

But changing the channel doesn't do anything because there are no other Wifi signals interfering here. Only one other 2,4Ghz from the neighbours barely detectable. I tried figuring out if any of the other configurable options in this list are of any use to improve the situation but doesn't seem like it?

Any way, the width is set to auto for 5Ghz, so I can't really tell what's being used right now. For 2,4Ghz it's 20Mhz no matter what. For me personally I think the adapter is simply a faulty piece of hardware. Is there a way I can check if the Realtek Chipset Driver that I installed last time and had solved temporarily the issue, is still working properly? As far I see, it does if I follow your Adapter Properties FAQ weblink...

Options
2021-12-20 09:05:20

@Solla-topee Hello, could you please help solve this issue? :( 

Options
2022-01-20 11:12:33

@Solla-topee One month later and still no solution. This is really saddening. I want to return this WiFi adapter if there isn't any solution for this piece of junk.

Options
2022-01-21 09:02:29 - last edited 2022-01-21 09:23:12

Hell @Bartjeuhh 

Sorry that  I overlooked your case before, thank you for your patience.

1. For the High ping or Ping time out issue, you could try this drive and see if it  helps:

https://static.tp-link.com/beta/2021/202107/20210723/RTLWlanU_WindowsDriver_1030.43.0108.2021_Drv_3.00.0036.zip

2. If you have another computer, please also try to this adapter on a different computer. 

At the same time, to better assist with your case, I would like to create a support email to follow up, please check your inbox later. 

If still the case, 1)  may I know the model of router,  do you use any mesh network ?  2)How often the internet drops out will it recover by itself and  how many percent packets lost when you ping router's IP right now 3)  Please share a photo of the motherboard information on your current computer . Thank you. 

How to check driver version of TP-Link adapters and system information of your computer?

Options