wifi adapter gets overheated

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-03 14:16:18 - last edited 2021-12-09 12:13:42
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

currently using Archer T2U Nano. Have been using it for 1 month already.

before this, sometimes it causes blue screen (kernel security check failure) to my laptop, or it will automatically shut down my laptop if i sleep my laptop.

now, for unknown reasons, it gets overheated, like really really hot and have to remove it from laptop using cloths.

besides that, it disconnects and connects repeatedly. 

is there anyway to solve this? dont wanna waste my money to get a defective product.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:wifi adapter gets overheated-Solution
2021-12-07 02:03:07 - last edited 2021-12-09 12:13:42

Hello @savemepls 

If you have Win7/Win10, please try this chipset driver and see if it helps with Blue screen concern.

If the concern persists,Pplease help collect kernel dump file and share a photo of the computer motherboard, and driver date. 

Thank you.

Recommended Solution
Options
7 Reply
Re:wifi adapter gets overheated-Solution
2021-12-07 02:03:07 - last edited 2021-12-09 12:13:42

Hello @savemepls 

If you have Win7/Win10, please try this chipset driver and see if it helps with Blue screen concern.

If the concern persists,Pplease help collect kernel dump file and share a photo of the computer motherboard, and driver date. 

Thank you.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:wifi adapter gets overheated
2021-12-09 10:04:13

thank you @Solla-topee. appreciate the help given.

that works. however, i noticed that this 'sleep-shut down' issue happens whenever there is a new windows update. 

guess that i will have to reinstall the driver every time after the new windows update lol.

Options
2021-12-09 12:12:20

Hi @savemepls 

Many thanks for your update and glad to hear the above driver worked.

Probably Windows update make some settings back to default.

If adapter does not work after computer recover from Sleep Mode, you may also ‘Allow adapter work in Windows Power save mode‘’

• Adapter Properties settings>  Power Management tab>Make sure the box is Unchecked for  "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

Here is guide found online explaining that in details: https://pattersonsupport.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13738/~/changing-windows-power-options

Options
2021-12-09 14:58:20
thank you once again. will note that in mind. everything is fine now and hope this issue wont happen again in the future.
Options
2021-12-14 15:31:07

hi @Solla-topee 

is there any better driver because tho this driver works, i further notice that other than new windows update, by using a new wireless device such as wireless mouse or a change in computer setting also causing this 'sleep-shut down' issue to happen again. Any idea on this?

it's kinda irritating that this issue happens once in a while and have to reinstall the driver every time.

p/s: looks like i cant do anything or changes to the computer to avoid that issue permanently.

thank you.

Options
2021-12-15 02:36:48 - last edited 2021-12-15 02:37:03

Hello @savemepls 

While doing some research online, that seems to related to system file on Windows , I recommend reach Microsoft support to get professional suggestion

There are some similar case on Microsoft forum and here is resolved case and instruction found online that may help.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-shuts-down-when-put-to-sleep/c66e14d0-9fae-46b0-82d4-95d08725d0e1

https://windowsreport.com/windows-10-turns-off-instead-sleep/

Options
2021-12-15 07:59:41

@Solla-topee 

thanks for effort.

these were the solutions i tried before reaching here for the driver. so im sure that doesnt help haha.

but thanks anyway.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3812

Replies: 7

Related Articles