Internet led constantly red

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-05 09:27:58
Model: Archer VR2800  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Archer VR2800(EU)_V1_210313

this morning i lost connection to the internet but didn't think anything of it as it happens all the time here on an FTTN connection. it was taking longer than usual to reconnect so i inspected the router which is when i noticed the red internet led. i have tried restarting the router, that didn't work, i tried resetting the router holding in the reset button, that didn't work, and i can't log into the web based interface to reset back to factory default, have i missed something and has anyone else had this problem before?....thankyou for your time

Options
5 Reply
Re: Internet led constantly red
2021-12-05 22:11:47

@T1GEZ 

Here's how to reset the router to factory defaults (using method 1).

If after successful factory defaults reset you still don't have access to devices's web management interface, contact your local support to be advised further.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-12-06 06:08:26

@terziyski thankyou for your reply, when i got home from work tonight i plugged in the router and turned it on, it seemed to boot up normally but unfortunately went back to the red LED again and the reset button does nothing when the red light is on, i will try again tomorrow and post the results here.

Options
2021-12-10 06:52:46

@T1GEZ 

Hi, have you got the issue fixed?

I happen to see the model is online now under your TP-Link ID and I guess the issue has been fixed?

If so, would you mind sharing with us how you fixed the problem?

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-12-10 08:53:35

@TP-Link i managed to reset the archer vr 2800 using the reset button at the back, after reconfiguring the settings for my ISP, everything was fine until a day later my connection dropped and now the archer vr 2800 is showing the red internet LED again. do i have a faulty unit? i don't want to have to reset back to factory settings every other day. thankyou for your time

Options
2021-12-10 11:57:48

@T1GEZ 

Hi, may I know who is your DSL internet provider?

Have you ever contacted the internet service provider whether there is any DSL service maintenance recently?

If everything is fine, I think you could send an email to support.forum@tp-link.com with the following information:

1. A picture of the Advanced>status when the internet LED is red again.

2. the system logs under Advanced>system tools when the internet failed again.

Thank you very much.

Options