Connection drop from 30 Mbps to 20 Mbps

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-11 09:07:49 - last edited 2021-12-13 00:59:00
Model: Archer VR300  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: latest version

Good evening,
I bought the TP link Vr 300 Archer modem today but after configuring it I noticed a 10 Mbps slowdown on my wifi network.
I state that I have a 30 Mbps Telecom network that I was able to fully exploit with the modem provided by my operator.
I use the Tp link vr 300 as my main modem but following its configuration my network reaches the maximum speed of 20 Mbps. From the modem management screen you can see that the current speed is lower than that obtainable (photo 1), as can I do to take advantage of all 30 Mbps offered by my Telecom operator?
My connection is a copper mixed fiber VDSL2.

I also state the following things:
1) I have already disabled the QoS (Band control) so as not to place any limitation on the band itself
2) I have disabled the Parental Control
3) I have set the DSL modulation both in automatic and in VDSL2 but the situation does not change
4) The modem does not have any kind of physical interference since the connection fits perfectly with every device.

Let me know,
thank you.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Connection drop from 30 Mbps to 20 Mbps
2021-12-14 12:11:14

@Leoberte 

Hi, Have you ever checked the DSL settings on the old modem, such as the Annex type?
Also recently, I learned something from another user that it is recommended to match the modem chipset with the chipset used by the DSL network which might help improve the DSL sync rate.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 245

Replies: 1

Related Articles