Votes

Feature requests for Deco X20-DSL

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-13 16:12:43 - last edited 2021-12-27 11:07:22
Model: Deco X20-DSL  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.4 Build 20210807 Rel. 46250

Some feature requests for Deco X20-DSL, which I believe would add value and benefit the customer experience:

Wireless: Option to prevent Wi-Fi channel 13 from being used (some wireless devices won't use channel 13)

Wireless: Facility to modify Wi-Fi settings from web interface

DSL: Option to disable ICMP ping responses on WAN interface

DSL: Facility to view DSL modem sync rate in Deco mobile app

DDNS: Support for alternative dynamic DNS service providers (e.g. Dyn, NoIP)

DHCP: Facility to view and modify address reservations from web interface

System: Option to use a remote syslog server

System: Facility to back-up and restore system settings

Thank you for your consideration.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Feature requests for Deco X20-DSL
2021-12-27 11:06:48 - last edited 2021-12-27 11:24:54

Vandelay wrote

Some feature requests for Deco X20-DSL, which I believe would add value and benefit the customer experience:

DSL: Option to disable ICMP ping responses on WAN interface--Will be added along with firmware upgrade.

Wireless: Option to prevent Wi-Fi channel 13 from being used (some wireless devices won't use channel 13)--Will be optimized in the future firmware.

System: Facility to back-up and restore system settings--Under consideration but No ETA could be provided yet.

For the following features, I want to see if more users had the same request, please comment below if you do have the same opinion.

Thank you for your consideration.

@Vandelay  Please see the bold letters.

Options
2022-03-21 12:31:03

@TP-Link Has there been any progress on including an option to disable WiFi Channel 13 from Deco's auto channel selection algorithm? There any many wireless devices which do not support channel 13 and this is causing myself (and presumably many other customers) a lot of inconvenience.

Options
2022-03-25 06:05:10

@Vandelay 

Hi, previous some improvement has been made to avoid channel 13 and since then there is no further feedback.

Have you saved any pictures when Deco worked on channel 13?

And may I know the model number of the smart devices that were disconnected because of channel 13?

Thank you very much.

best regards

Options
2022-03-25 12:38:36

Hi @David-TP

The specific device that would not connect to channels 12 or 13 was a Dell C1760nw printer, but I know from experience that some older Ring devices also have this problem. I believe this is because 2.4GHz channels 12 and 13 are not supported in North America and so many globally sourced devices do not use them.

I connected to the Deco web interface and could see that the 2.4GHz Wireless Channel in use was 13. I rebooted all Decos and the channel changed to 12, then after another reboot it changed to channel 9. I have left it now as all my devices are connected using this channel.

Perhaps you could provide an option that forces Deco to only use channels 1 to 11, since this would alleviate this issue with some devices not supporting channels 12 or 13. 

Options
2022-05-05 13:12:34

@TP-Link 

System: Facility to back-up and restore system settings--Under consideration but No ETA could be provided yet.

For the following features, I want to see if more users had the same request, please comment below if you do have the same opinion.

I'm going to add my support for the following:

• Back up and restore (seems pretty important)
  • DHCP from the web (most network admins work from their desktops/laptops... was actually surprised this isn't already there)
  • Additional DDNS providers (this ladscape always changes, hard to stay on top of... perhaps offer a "define your own" DDNS call/response... seen this in other devices)

@Vandelay had other good suggestions as well and I believe they would all be beneficial, but I'd rank the above as the most important of the ones not yet implemented.

Options

Information

Helpful: 7

Views: 824

Replies: 5

Voters 5

+ 1 Voters