Run a Analog TAE Phone on Archer VR2100v (Telekom Germany)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-25 13:55:57 - last edited 2021-12-25 13:57:19
Model: Archer A10  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.0 0.9.1 v009e.0 Build 211104 Rel.72541n
Hello Tp-Link team,

Since I have had the VR2100v, the connection with my Gigaset C430H has been lost again and again. So far, the phone was always connected to a Fritzbox analog. But since I have the Acher VR2100v, the phone only works via DECT. And as soon as I move away from the router (1-2 walls in between) the connection breaks off.

Unfortunately, I never had that with the analog process with the Fritzbox! I wanted to connect the phone here too and prefer to operate it in analog mode again! But even after several attempts, the phone cannot find a connection! As soon as I try again via DECT, it works immediately!

What am I doing wrong or what do I have to set under the "Advanced Settings" of the "Telephony"?

Have a german-telekom connection VDSL2 and now i still have the same problem with the firmware update too.

Please help so that my phone works again via TAE analogue on the router!

gz Danny & Merry Christmas and a happy new year

Options
5 Reply
Re:Run a Analog TAE Phone on Archer VR2100v (Telekom Germany)
2021-12-31 09:04:39

@Wuffi84 

Hi, Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Firstly, I find a picture online that described the VOIP connection of Fritzbox and I suppose it is the same as when you had on Fritzbox?

Could you please help me check the following details so that I could consult your case to the senior engineers:

1. For the Gigaset C430H, I notice it is only a wireless handset so I wonder If there is an additional base station when it is on analog mode, which is going to connect to the phone port of VR1600v?

2. Now, the same base station is working well when connected to the FON port of Fritzbox, but not on the phone port of VR1600v?

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-12-31 14:38:46

@TP-Link 

1. I have a base station for it. It is not only for loading, it can also be connected to a modem-router by using the TAE socket.

2. At that time it worked on my old 7490 without any problems and it was analog(TAE) connected. But i can no longer test it, because I sold the Fritzbox.

I think the router just doesn't recognize the base.

Options
2022-01-04 05:48:15

@Wuffi84 

Thank you very much and Please check the support email for further updates.

And please also reply to the email directly if you have any further concerns.

Options
2022-01-17 18:11:18

@TP-Link It's not very helpful on a forum to refer to private messages....

@Wuffi84 Ususally the telephone does not automatically connect to the DECT of the router. I assume you configured your telephone to connect to the router via dect instead to its base station. Then if you connect your base station via TAE, the phone still connects directly to the router via DECT. I'd assume you have to reconfigure your telephone to connect via DECT to its base station instead to the router.

Options
2022-01-18 17:06:15

I've probably found the error of the whole problem and it seems that a wall between the router and the phone is causing problems in the DECT function! If I make calls via DECT in the same room as where the router is, everything usually works without any problems! But but ONLY 5m+1Wall seems to be a problem for the TPLink Router and my phone... ! I had previously run the analog telephone and therefore not used DECT. But since I had the Fritbox, I've been using DECT and it worked wonderfully apart from the bathroom. Unfortunately now since the 2100v the phone only works well in the same room. I have already deactivated ECO and ECO+ without success.

Now my price question to TP Link! Is there a possibility of a DECT repeater? Or are firmware updates regarding DECT planned?

Options