Archer T3U keeps hanging frequently.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-31 19:32:26
Model: Archer T3U  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi. I have TP-Link Archer T3U. When I connect it to my TP-Link Archer C6 V2 on both the bands (2.4 & 5 GHz) it hangs for about 2-3 seconds, then works fine for 5 seconds, then again hangs for 2-3 seconds, and works fine for 5 seconds, and this goes on. It works fine when I connect it to mobile hotspot or any other Wi-Fi network. I tried it on different systems & laptops but the problem persisted. Then I had mailed TP-Link about this issue. They replied the following:
Dear Sir,

We request you to do below settings into Router and check.
Wireless:
Go to Advance-> Wireless-> Wireless settings and set version to Wpa2-psk, Encryption AES for both bands.
Also set mode to 802.11N only, channel width 40 Mhz and channel to 1,6,11  alternatively for 2.4 Ghz band and for 5 Ghz band set mode to 802.11Ac only or 802.11N/AC mixed , channel width 80 mhz and channel to  36,40,44 alternatively and check.

I had changed the settings as recommended by them. Now it works fine on the 2.4 GHz band, but the problem still persists on the 5 Ghz band. Also one more thing. From day 1, when I connect it to my system, it connects to Wi-Fi but then switches off after 1 second and turns on on its own after 2-3 seconds and then keeps turned on. Please help me & let me know if this issue is with my router settings or the adapter if a defective one. I have Windows 10 Pro (64 bit) genuine activated on all of the systems on which I tested, and I tested on both USB 2.0 & 3.0, but nothing helps.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer T3U keeps hanging frequently.
2022-01-05 15:32:10

Hello @Japesh 

Thank you for your detailed post: 

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/207232

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 520

Replies: 1