Powerline Extenders and MAC

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-02 12:43:18

Hi,

Is there any difference in functionality of the tpPLC utility app when using it on MAC vs. Windows 11?

I ask because when i install it on windows it complains i cant install winPcap, but i dont get this error when installing on the MAC.  However be good to know if i can still do everything via the utility on the MAC instead of windows such as upgrade firmware on powerline connectors, configure powerline networks, rename devices etc.

In addition I have an unrelated question:

* Using the latest Powerline WPA8631P kit, whats the furthest distance any of you have configured that retains a consistent, stable connection and decent 'real' speeds?

Thanks,

Ant

Options
1 Reply
Re:Powerline Extenders and MAC
2022-01-06 03:39:29 - last edited 2022-01-06 03:52:33

Hello @Anternee 

Thank you for your feedback. 

1.  Windows tpPLC and MAC version , they are basically the same. 

2.  make sure to install the latest tpPLC Utility (for Win10) here:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/tl-wpa8631p-kit/#Utility

3. For 'winpcap' error, it is recommend to contact Windows support and see if you could download one. Or try to install using Administrator account when install tpPLC Utility. 

4. For your question,  theoretically they could work in same powerline within 300m house powerline distance, and the real performance is depend on the real power line environment.   Usually if you use Powerline device in the same house & same power meter that should be ok. 

If still the same error, may I have a photo of error when you try to install tpPLC Utility on Win11? Can I know the detailed Win11 version, thank you

Options