Deco M4R (US) V2.0 Set up stuck in solid red

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-10 07:48:29 - last edited 2022-01-11 07:01:25
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: Deco M4(US)_V2_1.5.2_20210916

Hi, 

I am trying to set up my new Deco M4R (US) V2.0, I have followed the instructions in the threads I find here in setting it up. However I am stuck with solid red light. 

Tried the ff: 

- Reset it using the small button and set up in the mobile app but still am stuck with solid red. 

- Tried different ethernet cables, the one in my PC and Laptop directly connected in my modem and both are working fine but still it ends up in solid red.

- tried this solution in upgrading the firmware in this thread - https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/111130 but still solid red. I download the firmware : Deco M4(US)_V2_1.5.2_20210916 and upgrade it.

- Tried this https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/111130 but still solid red. 

I just dont know what to do anymore, and I am from PH and the contact number for tech support does'nt pick up I have called more than 10 times already. 

I hope someone can help me, it frustrates me a lot. 

Thanks in advance!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco M4R (US) V2.0 Set up stuck in solid red
2022-01-11 07:08:47

@Dos_Teyna 

Hi, I would suggest you have a look at this link:

[Troubleshooting] Main Deco went to solid red during setup

Since you have done some basic troubleshooting, I did want to check the following information:

1. When you hardware reset the Deco, before the setup, will it turn to blink blue, or solid red even after reset?

2. May I know who is your internet service provider? And I guess you choose a dynamic IP connection during the setup?

Options
2022-01-11 13:56:46

@TP-Link 

Yes blinking blue light is showing after reset but after set up in shows solid red.

Our internet provider is PLDT here in PH, its a yes that I ise the dynamic IP upon set up

Options
2022-01-12 03:50:08

@Dos_Teyna 

Have you tried to clone the MAC address of the PC to the Deco:

How to Configure MAC Clone on Deco if Deco fails to connect to the internet?

Then connect Deco to the same port which used to connect to the PC/Laptop.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 480

Replies: 3

Related Articles