Option to disable mesh connection between M9 plus and some select devices has disappeared

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Option to disable mesh connection between M9 plus and some select devices has disappeared

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-10 18:55:40
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.6

I recently upgraded my Deco M9 Plus (V2) units to the 1.5.6 firmware.

After the upgrade, I noticed when using the ios app (2.10.4) that I could manually select whether a specific device should connect to the network in mesh mode or not. I wasn't ready yet to experiment with this as I just upgraded the firmware and wanted to see how things went. However, the next day I wanted to try it out by removing the mesh conenction to those devices that remain immobile (my PC, and the streaming devices attached to the tvs).

But that option has now disappeared. Can someobody explain how I can make it reappear again, please?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Option to disable mesh connection between M9 plus and some select devices has disappeared
2022-01-11 08:09:17

@isoneedacoffee 

Hi, Can I have some pictures of the missing Mesh option?

By the way, there is a new APP version released a few days ago, and could you please also update it to the latest 2.11.3 version?

Options
Re:Option to disable mesh connection between M9 plus and some select devices has disappeared
2022-01-11 13:43:48 - last edited 2022-01-11 14:03:26

@TP-Link 

Hi.

Thank you for the quick reply.

1) The pictures cannot be taken becasue the option is not present. As I said the option disappeared and I would like to see it again. If the option were still present, I would not have initiated this thread.

But, what was offered looked exactly like what is explained here on your site: https://www.tp-link.com/ca/support/faq/1593/

Now it's not offered as an option for me.

2) My ios app does not give me the option to update to 2.11.3

Options
2022-01-12 00:44:28

@isoneedacoffee 

Hi, thank you very much for getting back to me.

May I know the model number and operating system of this device?

Could you please send the Deco APP log to me: Deco APP>three lines on the top left>help>contact us>suggestions and add the APP log?

If possible, could you please go to the APP store and search for “Deco” to manually install the latest APP version?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 422

Replies: 3