VR2800 TFTP?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

VR2800 TFTP?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
VR2800 TFTP?
VR2800 TFTP?
2022-01-12 09:27:16

Hi.

Does anyone know if archer VR2800 supports TFTP for recovery? Mine is bricked after failed firmware update. Seems like it went into bootloop. Tried TFTP with 192.168.0.66 - no response from the device.

Thanks.

Options
4 Reply
Re:VR2800 TFTP?
2022-01-14 11:54:45

@Otvinta 

Hi, Pasky is right and VR2800 does not support TFTP firmware recovery.

May I know how long have you had the modem and maybe you could contact the local support team to check for warranty service.

Thank you very much.

Options
2022-01-15 10:27:39

Hi all,

Thanks for your replies, will try serial connection then if I manage to open the bloody case ))

I bought it second hand, so no idea how old is it. However, I find it a bit weird that modem bricked after a normal process of firmware update from the official Tp-link website...

Options
2022-01-23 10:16:03

Hi all,

Just sharing some info re my case.

Managed to recover the modem via UART interface. However, the only firmware that was successfully flashed is the oldest one (Archer VR2800(EU)_V1_200227). All the other ones cause the same bootloop issue. Seems that either there's some code leftovers after flashing or NAND chip is dying slowly...

Old firmware operates ok, however doesn't allow to update via cloud service and shows "no internet connection" error...

Any thoughts?

Options
2022-01-23 12:33:55
Hello, since you have recovered the modem with the flash via serial, now try to redo the flash of the same software via modem (GUI interface) without using the serial ... if it accepts it you have definitively recovered it, otherwise it also replaces the NAND flash. Do not enrich TP-LINK by buying another device as this company just wants us to buy as many devices as possible as if we were collectors and not users of modems out of necessity. Let's save the planet from plastic and TP-LINK! :-))) P.S. Before starting the whole procedure do the total reset at least twice with the pinhole button and also after the new flash, in order to completely delete any corrupt data present in FLAH NAND.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 452

Replies: 4

Related Articles