Archer AX20 Drops Internet Connection Since 1/7/2022 [RESOLVED]

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer AX20 Drops Internet Connection Since 1/7/2022 [RESOLVED]

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
125 Reply
Re:Archer AX20 Drops Internet Connection Since 1/7/2022
2022-01-21 18:50:52

@Kevin_Z 

I forgot to mention that I also did a factory reset on router just to make sure the settings were not causing a problem.   The factory reset did not help at all.

This is my first TPLink router.   It has performed well until last firmware upgrade which has destroyed my router and my faith in TPLink.   I am very frustrated and I hope someone can find a workaround or solution soon.    Strange how it is an intermittent problem.

Options
2022-01-22 17:33:04 - last edited 2022-01-22 17:34:34

@gabklein 

Hello,

I have exactly the same behavior here when my router auto-reboots (I set it to happen every Saturday at 4 am)...and this problem started in 2022. Disconnecting/reconnecting the router works for about 60 minutes and it drops again. To make it work, I had to wait for the amber light on the router and reset the modem, and it goes for another week without the problem. I disabled the auto-reboot feature by now and it was still working this morning. I'm a software engineer and here's my speculative take on this problem which seems to be widespread on different models:

1) Might be a firmware problem related to getting the WAN IP after rebooting...

2) Might be a firmware problem related to renewing the WAN IP after x days...

3) Might be a firmware problem related to the 2022 bug similar to the Y2K one (yea, I worked on this issue back then)...

Keep waiting for the real fix but my workaround seems to work for now.

Options
2022-01-24 01:25:55

@Kevin_Z 

I was facing the same internet connection drop issue since first week of 2022. Good that i saw this forum topic. I have the upgraded the BETA firmware, it seems okay. I will update here for any issues. 

Please release a stable firmware at the earliest. May we know why this issue appear ?

Options
2022-01-24 05:26:32

patriot007 wrote

@Kevin_Z 

Hello,

I have for 1 year Archer AX20_V1.0, without troubles. BUT. Yesterday I want adjust QoS and when I logged in to the router setting it offers me firmware update.

So I proceed update to Archer AX20(EU)_V1_210902.

It was working for half day. But day after I got internet disconnection.

It does not help me even reboot or power on/off.

Few time it works (without any action from my side) for very short time.

Then I decided upload previous firmware Archer AX20(EU)_V1_210524 and it looks that troubles gone away.

I am very dissatisfied that TP link keep this problematic firmware for downloading.

I am not paid by TP link for testing their product.

In my eyes TP link fell down with this kind of behavior towards to customers...

@patriot007 If the previous version works fine in your network, please keep it until we release a new official version, which could be published in one week or two.

Options
2022-01-24 05:36:41

Abs2000 wrote

@Kevin_Z 

I've been in contact with probably close to 10 customer service representative the past few days over this issue. Everyone has given me directions for "fixes" that never work and then they immediately hang up and then I have to call in again and be on hold. They always want me to respond on email instead of over the phone and then it takes them forever to reply to my email. It's a massive problem to lose hours of work time dealing with tp link everyday. Please offer a real fix so I don't keep wasting more time. The beta update did not fix the problem. I have Archer AX73 V1.6. The last support representative made me email her info to start the replacement process, but I am still waiting on a reply. 

@Abs2000 Even updated to the beta firmware we provided in this thread still doesn't help with the disconnect issue? May I know who is your ISP? To assist you efficiently, we would like to forward your case to the support engineers who will help investigate.

Options
2022-01-24 05:38:41

Country999 wrote

@Kevin_Z 

I forgot to mention that I also did a factory reset on router just to make sure the settings were not causing a problem.   The factory reset did not help at all.

This is my first TPLink router.   It has performed well until last firmware upgrade which has destroyed my router and my faith in TPLink.   I am very frustrated and I hope someone can find a workaround or solution soon.    Strange how it is an intermittent problem.

@Country999 Have you installed the beta firmware we provided here in my original post? Give it a go and report back if it resolves.

Options
2022-01-24 05:41:16

RahimN wrote

@Kevin_Z 

I was facing the same internet connection drop issue since first week of 2022. Good that i saw this forum topic. I have the upgraded the BETA firmware, it seems okay. I will update here for any issues. 

Please release a stable firmware at the earliest. May we know why this issue appear ?

@RahimN As previously confirmed with the developers this issue could be related to the router firmware as well as the ISP internet, so some customers may encounter an issue while others don't. Don't worry, there will be a new official firmware soon in one week or two, please keep an eye on the router web GUI or the Tether APP for any new firmware updates.

Options
2022-01-24 17:08:54

@Kevin_Z 

Same problem here with Archer Ax90. It can be stable for weeks or minutes. Tryed to clone mac and it didn't help.

I installed beta firmware and for now its ok.

Options
2022-01-24 22:18:47

Same issues on a AX90.  Just installed beta firmware and will reply with updates.

Options
2022-01-26 01:26:37

@Kevin_Z 

My recently (8 days ago) purchased Archer AX20 V2.0 is exhibiting the same issues as mentioned in this thread.  However the Internet disconnects are predicable.  Exactly every 4 hours my internet connection drops, and I reboot or power cycle the router for another 4 hours of Internet.  I will try updating the firmware with some of those suggested in the thread.  My current firmware version is 2.1.2 Build 20210901 rel.75450(4341). Any suggestion as to which of the version listed in this thread to use?

Thanks

Azzz

Options
Related Articles