Votes

EasyMesh feature in all OneMesh Routers

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

EasyMesh feature in all OneMesh Routers

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
93 Reply
RE:EasyMesh feature in all OneMesh Routers
2023-04-04 16:27:49

@Levistras crazy , i also have ax73 and almost bought the re505x but i did not know onemesh has no backhaul. tplink really need to update to easymesh asap and stop being greedy . i have multiple tplink routers since past 10 years i do not know why i should still buy them?

Options
Re:EasyMesh feature in all OneMesh Routers
2023-04-10 14:14:21

AX73 v2 should really get the EasyMesh. I have AX55 and AX73 and want to connect them using EasyMesh, not just "Router - Access Point". TP-Link, please 🙏🏻

Options
2023-04-20 18:47:32
Will it ever be available for AX53 router?
Options
2023-05-16 01:15:10
Ax73 easymesh firmware update please
Options
2023-05-16 04:08:30

@Canabz lol wait till neck also long already indecision

Options
2023-05-26 04:40:43
need
Options
Re:EasyMesh feature in all OneMesh Routers
2023-08-13 12:48:50

@Kevin_Z  I have several Tp-Link devices -

1) Archer AX20 v1.2

2) Two RE605X v2

3) Archer C6 v3.2

I want to know when will Easy Mesh arrive for these routers and range extenders?

I frequently check the splash page but these devices are not listed. Also last firmware updates for these devices (esp first two) are more than 1 year old. It is almost like Tp-Link abandons firmware development and debugging for older hardware once new version is released - pushing us to purchase new releases. This creates lot of e-waste and is not environmentally responsible behaviour and approach. Why are these devices that have same capabilities (but maybe different chipsets and hence different versions) not updated with latest firmware releases amd intentionally blocked of features?

One example - WDS is blocked on Tp-Link AX routers - when I search in AX20 advance menu for WDS - I see a search result stating WDS and Guest Network cannot work together but clicking on that page doesn't lead anywhere - seems the capability is intentionally blocked to push consumers to buy range extenders and make their existing routers redundant.

After investing so much in so many Tp-Link devices I have learnt my lesson - ASUS and other brands don't block simple features and are maybe better options.

Easy Mesh not being enabled is another classic example of this behaviour.

Options
2023-08-13 12:53:19
Enabling Easy Mesh on all One Mesh routers and range extenders - including all previous hardware versions - will save a lot of e-waste
Options
2023-08-14 10:53:38

@D_K 

Sorry that some of the old hardware versions don't get the new features via firmware upgrade due to hardware or firmware limitations, but I cannot say for sure why there is a limit since I'm not in development.

I completely understand your concerns, however, EasyMesh was not and to this day is not a sold feature for the product models that you mentioned. We did advertise Onemesh for building a mesh network between routers and extenders when Mesh technology came out.

If you want to connect all of them together in the same network, you can configure one of the routers as an Access Point and connect it to the extender or main router via cable.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-08-14 16:13:36

@Kevin_Z  thanks for the update. It is not about sold feature - but pro consumer behaviour / longer support times go long way in establishing consumer trust rather than locking down capabilities of the hardware through software. At some point I hope EU legislators see this and fix the issue through a law.

Options

Voters 26

+ 22 Voters