How to open a range of ports on Archer C80
How to open a range of ports on Archer C80
2022-01-29 03:07:12 - last edited 2022-11-09 08:14:25

This Article Applies to:

Archer C80_V1
Archer C64_V1

Archer A8_V1

Background:

There are cases that customers want to allow some connections into the network, thus they want to open a range of ports on the Archer C80/C64 for the local resources. However, the Archer C80/C64 only allows opening a specific port at a time, so we here open a thread to provide a temporary solution for this. If any of you want to open a range of ports on the Archer C80/C64, please read on.

Available Solutions:

The latest official firmware for Archer C64/C80 V1.0 has already included this optimization to allow you to open a range of ports, please check for the updates on your router web GUI or Tether APP to upgrade and install the latest firmware to enjoy it, you may also download the latest firmware from the website:
Archer C64_V1_1.11.0 Build 220425 and newer versions
Archer C80_V1_1.11.30 Build 220624 and newer versions

Archer A8_V1_1.11.30 Build 220624 and newer versions

Related Articles:

Port forwarding: how to set up virtual server on TP-Link wireless router?
Why port forwarding feature is not working on my router?

-------------------------------------------------
Have other off-topic issues to report?
Welcome to > Start a New Thread < and elaborate on the issue for assistance.

Options
21 Reply
Re:How to open a range of ports on Archer C80
2022-01-29 17:15:00

@Kevin_Z 

These beta releases concern only range port-forwarding or there are more features implemented, for example like OneMesh ON/OFF switch ?

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2022-01-30 01:31:12

terziyski wrote

@Kevin_Z 

These beta releases concern only range port-forwarding or there are more features implemented, for example like OneMesh ON/OFF switch ?

Hello @terziyski, I'm afraid the beta firmware doesn't include the Onemesh ON/OFF switch, that could be added in the new official firmware.

Options
2022-01-30 10:01:36

@Kevin_Z first you set the password to your  router. Then you go to Advanced > NAT Forwarding > Port Triggering and click .

Click VIEW COMMON SERVICES, and select the desired application. last save your click.

Options
2022-02-23 15:23:04

@Kevin_Z What's up it's me, I am also visiting this website daily, this website is really pleasant and the viewers are really sharing good thoughts.

Options
2022-03-30 17:22:17

Kevin_Z wrote

This Article Applies to:

Archer C80_V1

Archer C64_V1

Background:

There are cases that customers want to allow some connections into the network, thus they want to open a range of ports on the Archer C80/C64 for the local resources. However, the Archer C80/C64 only allows opening a specific port at a time, so we here open a thread to provide a temporary solution for this. If any of you want to open a range of ports on the Archer C80/C64, please read on.

Available Solutions:

You may download and install the beta firmware on the Archer C80/C64, then you should be allowed to open a range of ports on the router.

Download link for the beta firmware:

Archer C80_V1.0

Archer C64_V1.0

Note: 

1. Please be sure you have read the Terms and Conditions for TP-Link Beta Firmware before proceeding!

2. This beta version can be applied to both the EU and US versions.

*This will be optimized in the new official release, please keep an eye on the Tether app or the official website for any new firmware in the future.

Related Articles:

Port forwarding: how to set up virtual server on TP-Link wireless router?

Why port forwarding feature is not working on my router?

Finally, I resolved my issue. Thanks for your post.

Options
2022-04-10 06:05:51

@Kevin_Z I was Facing same issue . I solved my issue Thank you all 

Options
2022-07-11 17:32:34 - last edited 2022-07-11 17:40:25

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin,

can you confirm if a OneMesh ON/OFF switch button was implemented in the newly released FW for Archer C64 (v1.11.0 ) ?

Is the port range forwarding feature included as well (previously introduced in the beta FW) ?

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2022-07-12 01:47:17

terziyski wrote

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin,

can you confirm if a OneMesh ON/OFF switch button was implemented in the newly released FW for Archer C64 (v1.11.0 ) ?

Is the port range forwarding feature included as well (previously introduced in the beta FW) ?

@terziyski Thank you so much for reminding me of the new official release for Archer C64.

As far as I can confirm, the new official firmware has supported setting a port range when doing Port Forwarding, while it doesn't add the Onemesh ON/OFF option yet.

I will update my post for this update to remind others who care about this issue now. Thank you again.

Options
2022-07-15 23:01:57

@Kevin_Z 

I have an Archer C80_V1.0 Router, and to fix "open a range of ports", I followed the instructions here, installed the beta version (c80v1-up-noboot_2021-10-14_15.34.58.bin) and was able to load the ranges.

Last week, the app informed me that there was a new official version and I decided to install it, imagining that it contained the features included in the beta: 1.11.0 Build 220425 Rel.43193n(5553).

Now I have two problems: the new version doesn't allow "open a range of ports", and I can't do a firmware downgrade, since it reports an error

I would appreciate if you are aware of these problems and can provide me with a solution.

Thank you very much!

Options
2022-07-18 07:17:48

Hello @GustavoQ 

GustavoQ wrote

@Kevin_Z 

I have an Archer C80_V1.0 Router, and to fix "open a range of ports", I followed the instructions here, installed the beta version (c80v1-up-noboot_2021-10-14_15.34.58.bin) and was able to load the ranges.

Last week, the app informed me that there was a new official version and I decided to install it, imagining that it contained the features included in the beta: 1.11.0 Build 220425 Rel.43193n(5553).

Now I have two problems: the new version doesn't allow "open a range of ports", and I can't do a firmware downgrade, since it reports an error

I would appreciate if you are aware of these problems and can provide me with a solution.

Thank you very much!

Once upgraded to the latest 1.11.0 Build 220425 Rel.43193n(5553), have you tried to reset the C80 to factory defaults, then try reconfiguring it from scratch? If not yet, please give it a go, and I will also confirm if this is available on the latest firmware.

BTW, how did you configure the port forwarding? Please be sure you leave the internal port empty when opening a port range. Please send us a screenshot of the port forwarding settings on the C80 if possible.

This version cannot be downgraded to the previous version, which has been stated in the firmware release note.

Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 5461

Replies: 21

Related Articles