Instruction clarification

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-03 18:01:38
Model: AP500  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: mesh wifi AC750 RE 220

The instructions for this extender say that th WPS button when off means connection has been established for more than 5 minutes or OR the connection has FAILED.  This is ambiguous.  It is also counter intuitive as most would agree that when a light is on there is a connection and when off there is none.  Please advise.

The Model is AC 750 RE220.  Why it was not on the drop down list???

Options
2 Reply
Re:Instruction clarification
2022-02-10 08:48:01 - last edited 2022-02-10 08:50:30

Hello @fitwit 

Thank you for your suggestion, WPS feature is enabled for a while to set up a WPS connection, not  turned on all the time. 

We could use the WiFi led/ Signal Leds on RE to  identify if RE still working or still connected to router's WiFi .

Here is a related article 

How to confirm whether my range extender is successfully configured and in the best location?

Hope this helps~

Options
Re:Instruction clarification
2022-02-11 23:05:35

@Solla-topee

Thank you, but I do not understand your comment.  The green light is not on.  Does this mean it is working or not as the instructions indicates it goes on for a short period of time and then goes off.  But off could also mean no connection.  This is really confusing.  This means to me that if the light is off, it could be working or no connection was made.  Why make something simple ambiguous.  Very frustrating and hard to fathom why the engineers of this product would think this is a sound idea. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 192

Replies: 2

Related Articles