Votes

[Feature Request] Address Reservations can only be added for devices currently on the network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

[Feature Request] Address Reservations can only be added for devices currently on the network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-08 01:00:15 - last edited 2023-06-27 01:21:32
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.1

Pathway:

Advanced -> Address Reservation

The UI does not allow you to add a reservation for a device that is not currently on the network.    The UI could be enhanced to allow:

- Adding a manual device with name/nickname, IP and MAC address.

- Adding a device that was recently on the network (great for IoT devices)

As a working example, the eero UI allows this.    Upon selecting "Add a reservation", you're given 3 sub sections.   "Currently on your network" (shows list of devices), "Recently on your network" (shows list of devices), and "Enter manually".    Deco only covers the first case which is not as flexible as it could be.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:[Feature Request] Address Reservations can only be added for devices currently on the network-Solution
2023-06-27 01:21:27 - last edited 2023-06-27 01:21:32

@Slebreton 

Hi, welcome to the community. Sorry for the delay. Actually, Deco APP has already supported customizing MAC addresses and IP addresses for Address Reservation.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
7 Reply
Re:[Feature Request] Address Reservations can only be added for devices currently on the network
2022-06-27 05:50:17

@KirbyCrouton 

I also would like to be able to add a reservation by mac address and be able to edit what address is being reserved. I just changed over to a Deco X20 system from an Orbi and many of my devices now have different addresses even though I set the same address range. I need to be able to edit the address not just reserve the one that the X20 thinks I should be using so that my links and shortcuts will work again.

Options
RE:[Feature Request] Address Reservations can only be added for devices currently on the network
2022-11-09 21:59:06
preparing the network for devices to connect, before allowing them to connect
Options
RE:[Feature Request] Address Reservations can only be added for devices currently on the network
2022-12-06 12:57:04
If I may add, also enable DHCP reservation with IP outside the DHCP range. This function is common to be able to leave the full DHCP range for dynamic IP and park the reserved IP somewhere else.
Options
2022-12-18 11:07:39
ip reservation should be able to be added for devices not currently on the network or been on the network, you should also be able to add outside of the range
Options
2023-02-23 21:42:11
I would like this option also. Previous routers from decades ago offered this
Options
Re:[Feature Request] Address Reservations can only be added for devices currently on the network
2023-06-24 03:31:48

@KirbyCrouton yes me to this is the first network device i have ever seen not have this feature in 30 years.....I have Archer GX90

Options
Re:[Feature Request] Address Reservations can only be added for devices currently on the network-Solution
2023-06-27 01:21:27 - last edited 2023-06-27 01:21:32

@Slebreton 

Hi, welcome to the community. Sorry for the delay. Actually, Deco APP has already supported customizing MAC addresses and IP addresses for Address Reservation.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 14

Views: 1325

Replies: 7

Voters 11

+ 7 Voters