Votes

Web UI Configuration

Votes

Web UI Configuration

355 Reply
Re:Web UI Configuration
2024-03-29 01:04:56

@TP-Link I just purchased the AXE5400 Mesh system and was excited to implement it until I found it had to be done via a phone app. I have use TP-Link for sometime and have found the browser interface to be strong and easy to use. Why, with all the negative posts from users, would you fail to offer a browser interface. It can't be that you don't have the ability.  If it was someone's "great idea" you need to reassess and listen to your loyal users. I'm not sure I'm going to set it up. The ASUS system is excellent and has a good interface.

Options
2024-03-29 02:16:21

@OutOfCyan 👍 I agreed - ignoring customer's feedback will be their down-fall.

Options
2024-03-29 02:18:41
They should have a basic setup and an advance options, one for the average user type, and the advance user group. I will stop buying their product if they are going to continue down this path.
Options
2024-03-29 02:52:02

@TP-Link this is the reason why you would never be the top in your industry. Look at how Tesla and Apple handle their customer's feedback. 

They will leave your brand, not because you don't have a web-gui for your router, but because you are not listening to them, it's called arrogant.

Options
2024-03-30 12:07:10 - last edited 2024-03-30 12:10:14

It would be good to have a plain web UI, to be used, wired, with a computer. Most router from competitors have it: synology, asus...

Mainly architectured as:

- Common API

- Application communicating with API

- Web UI communicating with API

Main application should be the web one, and mobile app the secondary...

Please, listen to your customers !

Or they will find a replacement.

Options
2024-03-30 18:40:14

@Fr4p4d1ngu3 

I shipped my Deco xe75 back today and will keep my Netgear nighthawk.

Besides all the issues mentioned with the missing web GUI and such, I had some sudden health issues so I purchased a meter to measured the RF frequency in my office where the Deco was located.

It exceeded 18mW/m2 in the whole (small) room.

Without the Deco it's 0mW/m2 in most of the room except close to the PC 1-2mW/m2.

fyi my meter says to avoid areas with > 6mW/m2.

The fact that Deco does not offer a schedule to disable wifi at night, nor is there an option to disable wifi altogether in the first node (my other nodes were connected with ethernet cables), is another indication that the company is oblivious to user concerns (see other threads).

I now have an Omada router at the modem in my office (no wifi) and placed the nighthawk in AP mode far away in the house where it services the wifi devices. Maybe not as fast as DECO, but still good enough.

Options
RE:Web UI Configuration
2024-04-01 10:01:34
I want a fully functional web ui. I don't want tp-link to be able to decide when to shut off the product.
Options
2024-04-01 10:15:51

@TP-Link I bought a set of your Deco access points as a gift for my in-laws. They work really well, but the lack of a Web UI and the mandatory cloud login is a complete turn-off.

I wanted to buy a 5G router for them too and I was looking at your X50-5G. But the app and the mandatory cloud login means that it's still your product, not mine. I want to be able to use this product even if TP-Link goes out of business.I want to have the choice of keeping you out of my network

Please provide a fully functional Web UI and the possibility to disable the cloud management.

Regards

Options
2024-04-01 18:02:07

@TP-Link Has anyone received an update to this thread ?

Is there a 2024 update available for status of the web interface availablity?

Options
2024-04-01 18:15:40

@SRM-Wash no response. But it is even worse than I initially thought. You cannot disable remote management access which is a huge attack vector. If you place the deco in AP mode behind a router and block it from reaching out to the internet you will also not be able to access it via the app even when you are in the local network! Crazy. I would not recommend this product to anyone. 

Options

Voters 189

+ 185 Voters