Votes

Web UI Configuration

Votes

Web UI Configuration

424 Reply
Re:Web UI Configuration
2024-07-16 04:07:58 - last edited 2024-07-16 04:09:46

@TP-Link Realy need a web UI

Using my tiny phone to add clients and mac address is near impossible, then there is adding black list, securing the internet access firewall

Its a joke trying to use my 6 inch screen

when will you listen to your customers, even my TP-Link routers have web UI why not my Deco router its not cheap at HK$4,000

I am sure your techies are more than capable of coding for PC

If not then I dont know what type of coders you have,,,,

Options
2024-07-17 20:03:28

@TP-Link I have an Erro device that also requires an app to configure. I am considering spending £hundreds on a new device to avoid this, and I though that TP-Link might have an honest product that does what it needs to do without the privacy invading, awkward, phone-OS-specific apps etc. for my home-office. Turns out I was wrong.

Having waded through 38 pages of user complaints I registered to say you're losing business & customers.

We, users, do not need an online service or an account with a 3rd party for the sake of local routing. You may 'need' it for marketing/sale-of-data/who-knows-what, but it's nothing but an anti-feature for us.

While an app may be convenient for some, you're ruling out a large class of home-professionals who know better than to open their private network to a coproration.

Options
RE:Web UI Configuration
2024-07-17 20:04:21
We need a way to configure the device locally without involving sending data to or having accounts with tp-link
Options
2024-07-18 01:00:22
Web-based setup and config is a must-have feature. I'll be returning the product if this isn't possible.
Options
2024-07-18 05:13:46
Please add a local web UI that's functional for configuring the router even if there's no internet connection.
Options
2024-07-18 16:49:33
I agree with basically everything said here already. This is a MUST have feature. Please take action on this.
Options
2024-07-23 15:06:49

@Zarnock 

Totally agree! If I knew this before I bought this router (Deco X60) I wouldn't have bought it.

It really sucks. And people have been asking for / complaining about this for years now - and they do nothing about it.

Next time I'll go for Ubiquiti-stuff, as friends recommended me (sadly they recommended it after I bought this router)...

It's strange how they could make good/more advanced webb-ui in the past, but not now.

Options
2024-07-24 17:58:10 - last edited 2024-07-24 18:04:31

@TP-Link  

Deco BE85 owner here. 

I simply have to echo all the other comments and concerns noted. Why have such excellent hardware and completely gimp it with a virtually non existent web interface? It just does not make sense. Using the app as a configuration tool should be considered something to compliment the web interface, not the otherway round...or even worse forcing users to use the app and kill off the web interface, which in essence is what you have done.

Web interfaces also allows for better device longevity which is best for all involved, especially if you want to look good on the "Green" front. What happens when for whatever reason/factor the app is not useable any longer? All I/other consumers will be left with are paper weights. Do you think consumers will come back to you to purchase a replacement product? Dream on. Once bitten, all trust is lost and they will move on to your competitors.

Why have you catered to inexperienced networking users only? If you tied in the app with a web interface (Like Asus do very succesfully), you could have had the best of both worlds and had a simple "Step by Step"  type app setup for inexperienced users, while retaining the web interface for more experienced users. Choice choice choice should be the moto. Why set up arbritary limimations! There is clearly not a REAL or technical limitation to TP Link having a full web interface.

Furthermore, the Deco BE85 and similar units do not have the correct price bracket if these are for your inexperienced home users. For the price point the Deco's sit at, I would expect a fully fledged web interface. However even that is besides the point, I would still expect the product at the lowest end of the stack to have a fully functioning web interface. 

What will it take for you to listen to your consumers? Sure it is a few years late, but you still have a chance to do the right thing by your cosumers and frankly you could save some face as TP Link as well in the process. 

At this point, as a company it seems like you have stuck your heels into the ground like a petulant child and refuse to acknowledge consumers wants and needs.  

I would also like to point out that ironically, in your initial post you start your statement with "The initial plan of the Deco Whole Mesh system is to configure via Deco APP". You yourselves have stated that this was your "Initial" plan. If it was/is "Intitial", then why not take a step back, look at the feedback and alter course?

I have enjoyed TP Links products in the past, but this new road you are taking is wrong, and I think you know it but for whatever factor or unforeseen reason to consumers (TP Link Internal), you are sticking to the current course. If that is so, this will be the last time I will use your products and I will have to stop recommending them professionally and personally. 

I will be pointing this thread out to media outlets as I beleive this issue should spread far and wide, perhaps then you may take your consumers a little more seriously. 

Regards

P

Options
2024-07-24 19:28:41

@Panzerscope dont waste your time

TP link is now a total horse sheet company; this has been going on for over TWO YEARS and EVERY OTHER REAL NETWORKING COMPANY provides this, except these moreons

just post everywhere you can what a total schlock company they are, and make sure you tell EVERYONE you know that fact

spelling adjusted so their RED CHINA MANAGERS  filter doesnt block this

Options
2024-07-26 02:04:35

@TP-Link I like the hardware and the app is pretty nice. Generally happy, but can't recommend the device to others without a web interface.  

FWIW, I completely agree with the decision to have an app for easy set up and administration. I ama home user and appreciate that. But having a web admin tool in addition is necessary in case of problems and for slightly more complex use cases. 

I confess to be slightly confused by your plan. The functionality is there in the app. The web interface has already been built for other tp-link products. Why not just stick it on there in addition? It would do nothing to make the device more complicated to use or set up. And would allow solving more complicated problems when they occur.  

I mean... I get those of us commenting here are power users, but that means all our friends and family are coming to us for recommendations. Wouldn't it be good business to make non-intrusive changes to keep the product influencers happy and recommending your product?

Options

Voters 227

+ 223 Voters