Votes

Web UI Configuration

Votes

Web UI Configuration

424 Reply
Re:Web UI Configuration
2024-08-12 09:30:41

@TP-Link 

I would also like a web interface. The app is "ok" for basic functionality, but it's fair to say the community wants a web interface, so adding my vote.

Wealthy industrialist, philanthropist, and uhh...bicyclist.
Options
RE:Web UI Configuration
2024-08-12 09:30:54
web interface now please
Wealthy industrialist, philanthropist, and uhh...bicyclist.
Options
2024-08-13 07:06:51

@TP-Link 

I purchased a deco x3000-5g. It cost a considerable amount of money. I was very disappointed when I couldn't find a way to configure it from a PC using the classic web interface.

your app forces me to:
- install the app on my smartphone (140MB)
- create yet another online account, using my personal email
- accept a privacy policy, which I have no desire to read and analyze
- authorize the app to access the camera and my location
- use the tp-link cloud to configure and monitor the product

- use smartphone's 6" screen and a small touch interface to configure it

These obligations are not appreciated.

Once the product is configured, i can access an incomplete web interface, which does not cover the full functionality. The login is my tp-link account. I sincerely hope that when tp-link decides to end support for this product, it does not become an expensive ornament.

I suggest tp-link to give the possibility to do both the initial setup, and the normal configuration, maintenance and monitoring of the product through a completely local web interface as soon as possible.

I have just started to try the product, but I think that I will soon resell it to buy a competitor's product, which gives me complete control of what I have purchased, until it stops working on its own.

Best regards

Massimo

Options
2024-08-13 11:37:17

I ended up going back with an ASUS ZenWifi product and returning my Deco units.  I really wanted to like the Deco units, but the lack of initial and detailed config from a web UI is a non starter. With the ASUS I plugged in, got an IP and hit up the 192.168.x.1 address and was off to the races.  Shame too...

Options
2024-08-19 02:17:04
Lack of typical routing features in the Web UI hurts the customers who need this functionality. I don't understand why TP-link resists including these features, as customers who solely use the app would not be confused or overwhelmed in any way. I am considering returning a Deco 2-pack because of the lack of local control.
Options
2024-08-19 03:25:53

@Yovo8 Use the Deco's as AP's only and get a business router something in maybe the Omada range i have one myself as I wanted a way around the Deco app for my router settings so i run stand alone mode on my ER706W-4G giving me full control over the network, i still use the Deco app for the access points though but they are just that only access points i can still see everything on my network via the web GUI on my business router. 

Options
2024-08-22 08:31:57
The Deco App was great for the initial setup and configuration, but as I spend most of my day at a PC I would prefer to have the option to monitor and manage the network from my PC and not have to keep my tablet with me all the time to understand if there is an issue on the network, or to check on device status.
Options
2024-08-22 13:46:42
please listen to consumers voice!
Options
2024-08-22 14:29:57

@TP-Link It appears TPLink doesn't give a <censored> about what the customer wants.  I was told by TPLink if I didn't like it just send it back and buy something else!

That is completely unacceptable!

In addition is this lock-down control gives TPLink an easy mechanism to force us into buying new hardware whenever they decide it's EOL regardless of the usable life left.  It also gives them easy access to shut down our networks if we go against anything they deem inappropriate!  They even censor our posts!

Even more disturbing is the fact TPLink now has a backdoor into every one of our networks for whatever illegal plans they have!  Can we say identitiy theft?  Illegal data stealing?

TPLink: Fix this nightmare of your own making!

Options
2024-08-22 14:37:58

@Greg_Possed_off - I agree. I want an option to restrict online access into my router. Had a Netgear that lasted me for 10 years, and never needed to have it exposed onine. It's an unecessarry attack vector. Even though I just bought these units I am on the lookout for a new system. 

Options

Voters 227

+ 223 Voters