Votes

Web UI Configuration

Votes

Web UI Configuration

433 Reply
Re:Web UI Configuration
2022-11-09 21:53:51

@TP-Link 

You definitely should give your web interface more advanced configuration options. I understand TPLINK wants to keep it simple in the smartphone app but it would be greatly appreciated if you opened the web interface to more advanced users. Most app users won't even bother to look at the web UI so you made it halfway and not useful enough to even justify its existence for those who care to use it.

As an example of features I would like to see implemented there is :

- the ability to define manually an address to the internal IP I want to forward to. So far I only can do so with an identified host I have to select from a list which is not good          enough for my needs.

- the ability to define static routes. I should be able to do that from the DECO router without having to put up yet another server

I will formally make a specific request for each of these examples as they could be implemented directly in the app and not only the WEB UI

Options
2022-11-16 14:05:59

@TP-Link I would like to add my voice of support to implement fully functional WebUI interface. Complex network configurations do no t belong to the app. I like the app, it's really nice for someone who barely distinguishes router from the modem, but technical configuration is best done on PC where I have all my other network tools. 

Options
2022-11-20 16:12:34

@TP-Link if I had known the web interface and overall configurability of this router system was so limited, I probably would not have purchased it.

The ease of use is great, and the hardware is OK too, but I would bet people could get more performance out of the routers for their general setup if you opened up the configuration a bit more. If you are concerned with default settings and ease of use, then sell the routers out of box with the desired default settings. Don't pigeonhole users into having a limited config set.

The way it currently is, it is like having a child's toy. Only does a few things, but does them really well. This is extremely disappointing to power users who were expecting more based on how the product was marketed.

Options
RE:Web UI Configuration
2022-11-28 15:53:02
I do not have a smartphone where I can install any apps, how am I supposed to configure my network?
Options
2022-11-29 01:56:49 - last edited 2022-11-29 02:16:03

@TP-Link one of the main reasons I bought your XE75 Pro mesh product was because of your wonderfully configurable AC-1900 WiFi router. The configurability of that product (AC-1900) was fantastic. I understand the ease-of-use feature and it's rationale, but when I buy a "Pro" production I'm expecting the availability of advanced features. I don't know how many things I will have issues in the future, but for right now, I'm very disappointed in two:

1) I cannot PICK my Address Reservation IP addresses. I have 10 Linux computers in my residential LAN and now I have to go back and reconfigure the lot of them. When I reconfigured from the AC-1900 to the D-Link Orbi, I simply punched in a few IP addresses on the D-Link web interface and everything was up and running as expected. Please show me how to do this either on the APP or on the Web interface.

>> Ok, I figured out how to do this one. Problem is, I inadvertantly selected a device for Address Reservation that I don't want in the list. So, how do I remove the device in the APP?

2) The web interface is minimal. I know most folks would like to just run things from their APP on their smartphones, but I for one would like to have a more comforable view of my LAN and be able to configure much more advanced features. Please at least have your web interface equal your APP interface (Responsive Design).

--Thanks for your consideration

Options
2022-12-01 20:44:51

@TP-Link Yes, a WebUI is definitely needed. I previously configured my Smart Home devices with static IP´s defined on my prevoius router. Now after migrationg to TP-Link Deco all IP´s are mixed up and it is a hard work for me now to get everything running as it was configured before. No possibility to force a MAC adress to use a specific IP. Only existing IP Adresses can be changed to static IPs. A webUI is also much more confortable than a phone app. On the PC I have my IP List and normally I copy and paste everything for the static IP configuration.

BR,

Thomas

Options
2022-12-05 21:41:11 - last edited 2022-12-05 21:43:08

@TP-Link 

do you still on " Future Consideration" or do you have final decision to implement or not implement web UI for DECO? I see lot of people to complain about this but for long time nobody from your side reply with an acceptable reason why not.

Iam working like IT guy and manage some small networks and i really do not understand who make this decision to not use web interface? Did you try to do some survey about this? Also did you ask for example Network guys how they work and what is good interface for them to work with?

I Know setup shoud be easy for most of people and it is, but you need consider also that if this shloud be for small bussiness then may be some network administrator need to work with it and mobile phone is definitly not suit for it.

Options
RE:Web UI Configuration
2022-12-06 12:25:43
Indeed this request of a Web Interface for the DECO family is not just a simple feature but rather a must have. Imagine in 5 to 15 year what will happen to a device ? Will you swear to support the app for all devices (iOS and Android) from now to 5, 10, 15 years ? Seriously I don't understand why you don't have a web interface, the current system is a status page not a configuration page ....
Options
2022-12-07 11:05:21

@TP-Link Only one word needed  ...... FUCKY0U !

You are insane! Why, why, why?
If you refuse to use a Web UI, I will refuse the use of TP-Link products because it lacks security principles (App?, Account?, Location?). FUCKY0U!

Options
2022-12-07 12:09:33

Please remove my account f*ck.tplink@rxmail.eu and remove all my data. I will no longer use TP-Link products

Apologies for using the F word. I was always fund of TP-Link products but I was so angry about this. You are really insane!

Options

Voters 229

+ 225 Voters