Votes

Web UI Configuration

Votes

Web UI Configuration

350 Reply
RE:Web UI Configuration
2024-01-14 12:21:53
It is a basic feature for most router/system I have used in my life. Hide it for the common mortals, but make this a possibility please.
Options
2024-01-17 07:59:50
For a premium device like DECO the Web UI is a must!
Options
Re:Web UI Configuration
2024-01-17 23:51:50

@TP-Link Please add more options like port forwarding and DHCP reservations to the web app. It's much nicer to work on a computer for something like this.

Options
2024-01-20 05:03:51

@TP-Link Setting up port forwarding through your app is slow and frustrating. I work and play from a computer. I do a lot of tinkering with my home server, and require making edits to how my router operates often.

It is infuriating having to pull my phone out of my pocket and peck at the number row on a touchscreen to do any real work on my home network. Especially when I'm already sitting in front of a PC with a keyboard and mouse. Often I find myself transcribing information into my phone that I would otherwise just copy/paste into a functioning web UI.

The app works for initial setup and changing the wifi password. But please tell me there's a more feature rich web UI interface. I will have to return the router and write a poor review otherwise.  

Options
2024-01-20 16:49:12

@AtomicKoi well return it NOW, because for over 2 years, they havent responded to endless requests for a REAL Web ui, so its not gonna happen

Options
2024-01-20 17:24:18
What bothers me most about this is the fact that there is a webgui, but they intentionally stripped out the most useful parts. It's not that there isn't one, it's that they are forcing an insecure configuration scheme in a world where network security is becoming more important. Personally, I think the purpose behind it is planned obsolescence.
Options
2024-01-21 21:06:09

@TP-Link I just wanted to set up a lot of smart home components.

I know (and like) the app. But setting up IP-Leases, Port Forwads and so on through the app is a nightmare.

Like many others I ended up in this thread after some research about the limited web interface.

Is there any way to set-up those things without the app? This is too inconvenient.

I would have returned the Deco, but sadly it's too late for me.

I will consider twice before buying another thing from TP-Link now.

Previously this was always a - don't think about it, you can buy it and use it - kind of brand.

@ Community: anybody found a way around this? like an alternative firmware or alternative configuration software, etc?

Options
2024-01-21 21:08:14
I think you have enough good opinions on this already ;-)
Options
2024-01-21 21:26:31

@Tom-Ate the only alternative is to sell this junk on Ebay and buy something with a real web interface

Options
2024-01-22 05:33:00
Having a proper admin tools is why I chose TP over some noname China stuff
Options

Voters 186

+ 182 Voters