Web UI Configuration

363 Reply
RE:Web UI Configuration
2024-05-27 17:15:05
Full web interface now or BOYCOTT
Options
Re:Web UI Configuration
2024-05-27 21:43:31 - last edited 2024-05-27 21:57:12

@TP-Link A web interface is a must-have.

A phone app is unreliable, prone to security attacks and NOT future proof, and requiring access to a cloud server just to login to a local device is illogical.  What if the internet it not available or your servers are down?  I'll be locked out of my router!  Stupid!

I created this account to write this message and add my vote to this feature request to help other users.

I don't own a deco, but I have been looking into replace my router.  I'm glad I found this thread.  I'll be considering a different brand now.

EDIT:

BTW... I was actually going to buy the X50-5G, but NOT anymore!

Options
2024-06-03 18:04:20
Web interface as soon as possible
Options
2024-06-05 07:35:39
Please add Web UI for Managment of this router
Options
2024-06-05 07:36:56

@TP-Link Please add web interface to manage this router

Options
2024-06-07 06:11:18

@TP-Link The app is all about collecting user data. Too valuable to scrap 

Options
3 weeks ago

@bohrOnyx 

100%

Options
3 weeks ago
Please add Web Ui for management of this router...
Options
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

@TP-Link Deco PX50 going back to Amazon with a 1-star review and a strong recommendation to family friends and colleagues to never touch a TP-Link device.

I don't need or want to install an app. I don't need or want to create an account (this account is a throwaway). I certainly don't need or want to relinquish control of my network to a third party. Having to agree to a privacy policy with pearlers like "We collect and use different types of data from and about you, including when you: download, stream, view, or use content on a device (camera usually), or through a service or application on a device;" and "We automatically collect information about you when you access or use our Products and Services."

Having to consent to a privacy policy just to access and manage a device in my own home is absurd, let alone what is actually in that policy. What network device/router does that!? Hard pass.

Options
2 weeks ago

@TP-Link It is difficult enough trying to configure using my PC but trying to configure my Deco 6e using an app I can't even install properly on my phone is virtually impossible.

I am sure I used my laptop to set it up as I created passwords for the network levels.  Now when I need to modify my router to deal with the installation of cameras, solar inverters and additional equipment I can't get into the router management

TP-Link wrote

The initial plan of the Deco Whole Mesh system is to configure via Deco APP as we hope to provide a super-easy installation and non-high tech required experience.

Due to this commitment, Deco APP allows us to quickly and easily install Mesh Wi-Fi System by just following the step-by-step set-up wizard. Some users commented, ”This thing literally holds your hand through the full setup. 99% of people will hit next, next, next, and you are on the internet” which is just what we want.

Next, Deco App allows monitoring the home Wi-Fi from anywhere without bringing a laptop and making changes right from your smartphone or tablet. So as long as taking your smartphone with you, the home network activity is under your control.

Then, with a few taps on the APP, the advanced features, like Parental Control, Port Forwarding, and QoS are ready to go.

Moreover, when it comes to firmware upgrades, the Deco APP will automatically push a message when new firmware is ready. All you need to do is click “Update Deco”.

While, with the time going on, we gradually received some feedback that users hope Deco could be configured via web UI or more advanced features could be configured on the web interface. Unfortunately, there has been no plan to add these features yet.

But we are open to any feedback and would be appreciated it if you could let us know why you prefer web configuration to APP setup. So we would collect more brilliant ideas which might be taken into consideration along with the future APP upgrade.

Thank you very much for your attention and please feel free to comment below.

page.

I am 71 and trying my best but I am becoming frustrated

respectfully

WD-Ward1

Options

Voters 192

+ 188 Voters