Votes

Web UI Configuration

Votes

Web UI Configuration

370 Reply
Re:Web UI Configuration
a week ago

@TP-Link I just purchased the Deco X50 5G Router and the X50 twin pack mesh satellites (on their way to dispatch) which was close to $1100 AU to find out that I am unable to configure these via a web gui...quite disgusted as I was replacing my VR2100 and RE305 with these guys and to have a 5G failover backup in place...looks like i will be bridging the X50 5G into a router i can have full configuration over along and only use the 5G modem and WiFi6 mesh forget the rest of the trash. Or I just go and but a Teltonika router with 5G and run that as my primary router and setup my mesh access points from different brand UniFi perhaps.

Options
a week ago

@TP-Link Yu just lost one more client!

Options
RE:Web UI Configuration
a week ago
Just do it!
Options
a week ago

@TP-Link

Retired Data Network Engineer.  I just purchased a Deco BE11000.  I am beside myself there is no useful web interface.  Good news is that I purchased at Costco and can easily return it.  The performance is very good.  I am not comfortable with the lack of management tools. 

I am amazed this thread is over two years old and nothing has changed.  I have a strong suspicion TP-Link does not want the end user to have control over the router because it might threaten their ability to collect our personal data.  

I am rethinking this purchase and will probably move into something else .

Options
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@Bisquit_Brain I chose to keep the Deco X50 twin pack and use them as just wif fi access points as they fit in with decor without ceiling mounting and use the Omada router as my primary you have full control over the network if you choose to use local and vpn remote in to manage rather than cloud management only your access points still need to be managed via the Deco app. good news is they are only wif access points so not much to manage anyway other than view the wi fi stats the rest can be controlled on the Omada router.

Options
a week ago

@TP-Link 

So you're telling your customers to go pound sand and that TP-Link can't be bothered?

Options
a week ago

@Bisquit_Brain 

I have a feeling it's more so they can force us to buy new equipment when they decide this model is EOL by simply disabling all management functions and possibly the unit itself.

Options
Thursday

@null Would you PLEASE stop copy and pasting that same garbage response and give your customers what they're demainding?  We don't give a flip about your "Initial Plan".

Really sorry customer service!

Options
Friday - last edited Friday

@Greg_Possed_off Its all on deaf ears...TP-Link do not want the consumer to have Web Gui access, i in particular as a networking engineer should have known better, i was after a solution i could use instead of running additional power to a pfsense firewall (should of stuck with that).

I found a solution by just running the Deco in AP mode (little changes or monitoring needed) and using an SMB router solution with 4G failover, we are still on old FTTN technology so i have bridged in my VDSL modem router to the SMB router...problem kind of solved, i really only need to control the router most of the time which runs stand alone (can VPN in to manage it remotely)

This solution is the best work around i can advise for people wanting more control over the network. The Deco AP nodes still require cloud app to manage which is fine as they are just wi fi access points. 

I would of went down the SMB access point path but the mesh nodes are all either ceiling mount or wall fixture...i went with consumer Deco as they sit nicely on top of desks/cabinets/shelves.

For anyone interested in which SMB router i chose, i went with the Omada ER706W-4G, the ER707 is another good one that i think has a 2.5GB lan port ( no LTE) if you are using the X50 pro.

Options
RE:Web UI Configuration
15 hours ago
Able to configure more features in web gui
Options

Voters 194

+ 190 Voters