Votes

Web UI Configuration

Votes

Web UI Configuration

429 Reply
RE:Web UI Configuration
2 weeks ago
Web Interface soon or I'm off TP-Link for ever.
Options
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

Add WEB UI INTERFACE for Deco X75Pro

Options
2 weeks ago
Super needed to setup deco from laptop / pc
Options
Re:Web UI Configuration
2 weeks ago

@TP-Link 

TP-Link  is don't care about us at all............... despair!!!!!!!!

Options
a week ago
Never in my life will I touch another TP-Link product ever. Ans I will actively advocate to anyone that will listen to do the same. The lack of interaction from TP-Link in this thread speaks volumes to the type company culture we are dealing with. Im not selling my x10s, they are going straight under the hammer then the bin. Ubiquiti here we come.
Options
Tuesday
If I had known how limited these things were I would not have bought them. I have told a number of people of the lack of web ui (and ipv6 limitations) and discouraged them from purchasing any deco products.
Options
16 hours ago - last edited 16 hours ago

As a technical person who supports many pieces of network infrastructure, I find increasingly annoying that vendors presume that everyone prefers to use their phone to configure their devices. This is not only inconvenient when I perform most of my other tasks from my PC, but also problematic if something were to happen to my phone. Here are some additional reasons I find a lack of webui access to configure and manage a problem. 

Security Concerns:

1. Data transmission risks: Unencrypted or poorly encrypted data transmission between phone and network devices.
2. Authentication vulnerabilities: Weaker authentication mechanisms on mobile devices.
3. Increased attack surface: Mobile devices are more susceptible to malware and exploits.

Usability Limitations:

1. Small screen real estate: Difficult to view complex network configurations.
2. Limited keyboard functionality: Error-prone typing and lack of keyboard shortcuts.
3. Navigation challenges: Hard to navigate complex menus and interfaces.

Reliability Issues:

1. Connectivity problems: Unstable or lost connections during critical configurations.
2. Battery life constraints: Admin tasks interrupted by low battery.
3. Network coverage limitations: Remote administration challenges due to poor coverage.

Complexity and Accuracy:

1. Difficulty with complex commands: Hard to enter intricate commands and syntax.
2. Increased error rate: Typos, autocorrect errors, and misinterpretations.
3. Lack of visualization tools: Difficulty understanding network topology.

Examples of Inconvenience:

1. Troubleshooting: Difficult to analyze logs, debug, and troubleshoot.
2. Configuration backups: Challenging to manage and transfer config files.
3. Real-time monitoring: Inadequate for monitoring network performance.

Alternatives:

1. Dedicated workstation or laptop
2. Secure Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) or SSH connections
3. Web-based management interfaces optimized for desktop browsers

These points highlight the potential risks, limitations, and inconvenience of administering network devices solely from a phone.

Unfortunately, if it's deemed not important to address by TP-Link, I'll have no other choice but to remove all TP-Link product from my home and recommend the same to those I support, and for any product if ever found even remotely connect our corporate environments. 
I do hope something is done to address this issue soon.

Options
16 hours ago

@Trevinated well, start removing and tell every one you know that TP link SUX, and doesnt give a SHEET what any of its users think

this is the worst example of Chinesium sewage and horrific attitude towards their customers

anyone who EVER buys their SHEET again is a chump and fool, since they will NEVER respond to help, nor will they ever even acknowledge this is a problem

As long as they can keep stealing your data via their cloud process, the are giving their users the finger, yet so many mindless fools keep buying this detrius

Done posting here, never again, and will make sure I tell everyone i work with, and I know, that this is the worst company in the networking industry

F You, TP Stink..

Options
11 hours ago

@Trevinated  Go with the Omada SMB range...you have both options to cloud control access to all of your network hosts or via local webui (stand alone mode) i use the Omada router for multi WAN and LTE and atm the Deco nodes as just mesh ap's works brilliant...i am stuck on VDSL2+ technology still so i use an ISP supplied vdsl annex and bridge it over to the WAN side of my Omada router.

Options

Voters 228

+ 224 Voters