Archer C6 v3.2 (US Version) 2.4 Ghz band keeps disconnecting devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-14 09:38:40
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.10 Build 20210513 rel.63256(5553)

Hi guys, I bought the TP Link Archer C6 v3.2 US Version couple of weeks ago from my local store.  However, I am already facing an issue where the 2.4Ghz band suddenly just stops working and disconnects all the devices. I can see the WIFI SSID but can't connect to it.  Older devices that only support 2.4Ghz connection basically gets kicked from WIFI and aren't able to connect for a good minute or two. It tries to connect and then comes back to 'saved' or shows 'disconnected'. After that period, it connects normally again. This happens randomly, so it can happen whilst doing classes or on a phone call, so it's extremely annoying. On the other hand, the 5ghz band keeps working, as I can see on my laptop, but our mobile devices only support 2.4Ghz.. Has anyone faced a similar issue and been able to fix it? I have tried changing different channels, security type, channel width, etc.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer C6 v3.2 (US Version) 2.4 Ghz band keeps disconnecting devices
2022-02-15 01:29:25

Hello @abrarw, thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the TP-Link community.

Can I confirm what are the wireless devices that experience the disconnect issue? Are they all mobile phones? What are the brands and models? 

What is the wireless security now for the Archer C6 2.4GHz network? Please try changing it to WPA/WPA2-Personal, Auto, then monitor again.

You can also install and run a Wi-Fi analyzer to review the 2.4GHz wireless networks around you, be sure to choose a clear one that gets less interference with others, then reboot the router to confirm.

Options
2022-02-15 16:48:16

@Kevin_Z  Thanks for replying. Almost all the devices on 2.4 Ghz get disconnected and aren't able to connect back to the WIFI for some time. We got a bunch of Samsung devices and HP Notebooks that only support 2.4 Ghz band.

At the moment, it's WPA/WPA2-Personal > WPA2-PSK. I have changed it to WPA/WPA2-Personal > Auto.

I have also set the channel to 11 since its the least crowded in my area. 

Options
2022-02-16 02:52:02

abrarw wrote

@Kevin_Z  Thanks for replying. Almost all the devices on 2.4 Ghz get disconnected and aren't able to connect back to the WIFI for some time. We got a bunch of Samsung devices and HP Notebooks that only support 2.4 Ghz band.

At the moment, it's WPA/WPA2-Personal > WPA2-PSK. I have changed it to WPA/WPA2-Personal > Auto.

I have also set the channel to 11 since its the least crowded in my area. 

Thank you for getting back. @abrarw 

To assist and figure it out efficiently, I've forwarded your case to the TP-Link support engineers who will contact you with your registered email address later. Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up. Thank you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 385

Replies: 3